Fund Management Associate at Cadre
Cadre is building a technology-driven investment platform for commercial real estate, opening up access to a 16 trillion dollar asset class favored by private equity firms, hedge funds, and institutional investors. Our platform connects qualified individuals and institutions to fully vetted, compelling real estate investment opportunities. We combine our institutional experience with differentiated technology in order to empower our investors through direct access, lower fees, and greater transparency. Our mission is to provide superior access and insight to the universe of alternative investments.
Cadre is seeking a Fund Management Associate who will be responsible for direct oversight of all activities related to the financial reporting and operations functions of the Cadre Funds in partnership with the Director of Fund Management and the broader Finance Team. You will have an opportunity to provide strategic and technical leadership through owning the initial review and coordination of our Real Estate Fund reporting and operations functions and serving as an inhouse fund management expert while partnering closely with the Product and Engineering, Commercial and Investments, and Legal teams to build and enhance the technology to support workflows. In addition, you will have an opportunity to successfully build and maintain strong relationships with Cadre’s external auditors and third-party administrators. As a successful candidate, you have a strong work ethic and motivation to learn, as well as meticulous attention to detail. You are also results-oriented, looking for professional growth in a broad range of financial disciplines within real estate investment technology, and are excited to make a large impact at a high-growth innovative financial-tech company.What You'll Do
- Responsible for direct oversight of all activities related to Cadre’s Fund and financial statement reporting including working on the year-end audit/tax filings.
- Ensure the fiscal integrity of the business through diligent reviews of all day-to-day accounting and operational activities, including but not limited to reviewing and executing investor distributions, syndications and communications.
- Proactively strengthen processes, and be accountable for accuracy, integrity, timeliness, and consistency through regular and consistent review of transactions recorded by the external Fund Administrator.
- Closely partner with key stakeholders, building strong relationships with internal and external partners to enhance technology supporting the Fund Management operational functions and provide quarterly valuation support.
- Develop detailed working knowledge of the organization and how the functions partner together internally and with external auditors/third-party administrators.
- Actively develop and maintain strong relationships with non-finance business stakeholders to provide guidance for current business developments and serve as an escalation point.
- Educate and engage with the broader organization on investor reporting, sharing opportunities for continuous improvement of our processes.
- Assist in addressing investor queries.
- 3+ years of experience in accounting for private equity funds, with preference given to experience at a private equity firm, fund administrator or public accounting organization
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Very strong analytical skills, research skills and business acumen - ability to rapidly come up to speed on new issues and identify the critical questions to be addressed
- Initiative and results-oriented, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work well with direct and cross-functional teams as a leader and a collaborator; experience partnering with internal and external partners to perform accounting, reporting, and financial operations
- Highly communicative, organized and able to prioritize when presented with competing tasks
- Self-directed, self-starter, and motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision in a complex organization; able to think independently and challenge/escalate issues in an appropriate manner.
- Demonstrated aptitude of general business computer applications
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills, including strong oral and written communication
- Commitment to work in high-paced, dynamic and collaborative environment