Head of Finance at IEX
As the Head of Finance, you will work closely with leaders across the organization to develop financial strategies and plans to improve the company's ability to achieve its near and long-term growth objectives. To be successful in this role, you should have experience both overseeing and performing multiple functions within finance and accounting, with a track record of facilitating insightful decision-making. You should have exceptional “big picture” strategic thinking skills, coupled with an entrepreneurial spirit– eager to work scrappy.
- Dynamic, collaborative hands-on leader
- Strong work ethic, high integrity and sense of humility
- Intellectual curiosity with the ability to grasp complex concepts and quickly distill them into key points and communicate insights to C-Suite level
- The ability to develop/train talent, empower your team and motivate others to achieve great results
- Exceptional attention to detail
What you’ll do
- Enhance and manage regular financial reporting, including: annual budget development, quarterly forecasts, long-range financial projections, quarterly Board and investor reporting
- Build out more nimble modeling capabilities to support dynamic capital allocation decisions and multiple business scenarios
- Analyze monthly business results and trends, and synthesize into clear insights for business leadership to make faster and better decisions
- Oversee the monthly close process by partnering with accounting team to ensure entries are booked timely and accurately
- Oversee capital and investment portfolio management
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses to support management, Board and investors
- Support CFO with management of key investor relationships including, preparation of quarterly investor reports as well as ongoing maintenance of cap table
- Support CFO in overseeing preparation of tax filings by outside firm
- Improve current processes and team efficiency by utilizing technology wherever possible, or suggesting enhancements to outdated procedures and policies
- 10+ years’ experience in a FP&A, strategic finance, or investment banking role
- 5+ years’ hands-on management experience
- Excellent knowledge of corporate financial analysis and forecasting models
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field. MBA, CFA or advanced designation, a plus.
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.