Head of Internal Audit at Vimeo
The Head of Internal Audit is responsible for developing and executing a risk-based internal audit program for Vimeo. This position will oversee SOX testing conducted, as well as any testing conducted in compliance or operational areas. The skills necessary to succeed in this position include project management, team leadership, audit expertise, quality assurance, ability to think creatively and effective communication skills.
What you'll do:
- Develop and execute the Audit Plans, including testing controls over financial reporting and IT general controls in accordance with SOX requirements as well as performing any compliance and operational audit areas identified for review in the audit plan.
- Coordinate IA SOX testing scope and timing with external auditors to ensure efficient and effective coverage of the areas under review. Ensure external audit is kept up to date on findings and remediation.
- Oversee and manage IT General Controls testing including determining test scope, reviewing the design of controls, reviewing testing over the operation of controls and managing external service providers' work.
- Oversee other service providers to include: managing the contract (including negotiating fees and hours), managing the service providers on a day-to-day basis and reviewing work product.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the IA staff to ensure that they have clear guidance on their work and are employing their time effectively. Review work performed by staff for accuracy and completeness and follow up on any open items noted during the review, ensuring proper resolution.
- Prepare and present reports to management outlining testing findings and recommendations and work with management to identify appropriate remediation and remediation dates.
- Prepare and present the annual audit plan and risk assessment to the Audit Committee. Also, prepare and present audit plan completion status, testing findings, and recommendations to the Audit Committee quarterly.
- Ensure close integration with the business to enable timely identification of changes that might impact the achievement of control objectives or that might necessitate new objectives be identified. These changes might include new business activities, implementations, infrastructure changes, business acquisitions, changes in personnel or other.
- Participate in management meetings such as Disclosure Committee, Information Security executive meetings, and others to ensure IA is properly informed.
- Work closely with the business to consult with respect to risks and internal controls and also to promulgate and transmit standard methodologies across the organization.
- Coordinate and compile a periodic risk assessment (minimum of annually).
- Continually research and keep apprised of accounting pronouncements, industry changes and regulatory changes significant to Vimeo and apply to audit matters and risk assessment as appropriate.
- Provide coaching and perform regular performance evaluations for IA team members.
- Manage departmental administrative matters such as developing the departmental budget and managing against it, managing and approving departmental T&E and PTO, maintaining the Internal Audit Charter and the IA Code of Ethics.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Minimum 10-15 years of public accounting and/or Internal Audit experience. Previous experience within the online/interactive industry is a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Internal Auditor preferred. Also knowledge of COSO.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent relationship-building skills with a strong client service focus.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in managing and developing staff.
- Maintain a high standard of ethics, discipline and professionalism.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs