Hedge Fund Finance - Vice President at iCapital Network
iCapital Network’s mission is to power the world’s alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed the way alternative investments are bought and sold through the development of tech-based solutions for advisors, their high-net-worth client base, asset managers and banks. Our flagship platform offers advisors and their clients access to a curated menu of private equity and hedge funds at lower minimums with a full suite of due diligence and administrative support in a secure digital environment. Asset managers and banks leverage iCapital Network’s tech-enabled services to streamline and scale their private investments operational infrastructure. iCapital was recognized in the 2018, 2019 and 2020 Forbes FinTech 50 which highlights the top 50 innovative financial technology companies that are transforming finance through technology. As of December 31, 2019, iCapital Network services more than $46.6 billion in invested capital across more than 100,000 underlying accounts. Visit www.icapitalnetwork.com for more information.
The Company’s founders and executive management team are highly accomplished industry executives who have raised billions of dollars, with proven track records in investing, building companies and managing rapid growth. The Company is well-capitalized, backed by its founders and a prominent group of strategic partners.
The Company’s culture is highly entrepreneurial, requiring high energy and commitment, and focused on building a best-in-class Company that is highly scalable. See the Company website at http://www.icapitalnetwork.com for more information and bios of our entire team. iCapital has a collaborative culture emphasizing teamwork and is committed to being a great place to work and build a career.
Location: NYC, Princeton, NJ, Greenwich , CT
Role & Responsibilities
This position is a “hands-on” role with operational responsibility for servicing hedge and private equity fund of fund and access fund vehicles (the “funds”) in conjunction with third-party administrators, managing all fund accounting and financial reporting to investors, including capital activity, partner capital statements, annual audited financials, and tax deliverables.
- Build and maintain relationships with underlying fund managers
- Design and implement processes and procedures for servicing the funds. Work in close partnership with the management team to enhance and automate key processes, and to develop and enhance product, management, and other reporting, targeting both efficiency and scale
- Work closely with investor relations, product, legal and compliance, technology, and sales & marketing teams to support fund operations
- Participate in new fund structuring, set up and onboarding
- Provide oversight of fund administrators and other service providers, such as auditors, tax service providers, and custodians
- Monitor cash positions, reconciliations and manage cash reserves
- Run accounts payable and expense allocation process
- Define, update and maintain operating policies and procedures
- Liaise with funds’ custodian and funds’ bank, as well as other counterparties as needed
- Work with counsel/CCO to ensure general compliance with fund docs, SEC and FINRA
- Ad-hoc activities as required by the team and different parts of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or another business-related field
- 10+ years of fund accounting, fund administration and fund operations experience, with a focus on alternative investment funds including fund-of-funds and feeder funds.
- Passion for the application of innovative technology
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task and work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of integrity
- Willingness to learn new topics and work in an evolving business environment
- Organized and detail-oriented with ability to see the big picture