IT Financial Analyst Consultant
Zipari is a software technology company based in Brooklyn, NY. Our mission is to disrupt the insurance industry by introducing consumer-centric solutions powered by our unique Consumer Experience technology. We encourage all candidates to apply if shaping the future of a growing company, investing in our culture, and solving complex challenges interests you. The Zipari team members have strong work ethics, believe in what Zipari is building, and are committed to achieving company goals. Our team has foodies, talented musicians, artists, and a mix of other unique elements that make us one: The Zipari team!
What You'll Be Doing
- Performing IT financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
- Analyzing IT financial data and create financial models for decision support.
- Reporting on IT financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews.
- Guiding the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Recommending actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Working closely with the IT and Finance teams to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Evaluating financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Providing analysis of IT trends and forecasts and recommending actions for optimization.
- Identifying and driving process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and dashboards.
- Increasing productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
- Analyzing past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and making recommendations for improvements.
- Performing market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps.
- Maintaining a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models.
- 5+ years of IT finance experience
- Strong IT financial modeling experience
- MBAs in Finance or Accounting are preferred
- Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Statistics are preferred major fields
- Proven work experience in a quantitatively-heavy role
- FMVA or similar designations preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Significant expertise with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
- Experience with GAAP accounting principles, Bottom-up budgeting, TCO & NPV analysis/modeling, Cloud Infrastructure cost/savings modeling, Capitalization, COGS, depreciation, IT Tower and Service cost benchmarking
- Competitive salary rate
- Support for remote work during COVID-19
- Roundout - weekly get-togethers hosted by our Founder/CEO
- Casual dress
Zipari is committed to a diverse workplace and equal opportunity. We understand that the products we build and the work that we do is better and greater when it is inclusive of varied experiences, skills, and perspectives. We encourage everyone whose experience is close to what we are looking for to apply and allow our team to get to know you.