Peloton is looking for a Manager, Finance Transformation with an accounting background, SAP functional knowledge, and an aptitude for cross-team collaboration and process design to support our Partnerships & Corporate Wellness function. As part of the Finance Transformation Team, you will identify, design and build technology-driven solutions to support core business processes and enable financial reporting, including the implementation of SAP S/4HANA ERP. In this role, you will work closely with our Sales, Finance, and Technology teams as a critical finance business partner, bringing your finance expertise and a process-centric mindset to key strategic initiatives centered around partnerships, an exciting new business area that is exploring the exploding corporate health and wellness market.
As part of the role, you will work closely with Accounting and Finance stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand business requirements and develop a deep understanding of Peloton’s financial processes, specifically around the order-to-cash process. You will represent finance on cross-functional project teams, working closely with our Sales, IT, and engineering teams to implement creative, best-in-class solutions that will support new corporate partnerships, improve automation of financial processes including revenue recognition and billing, and ensure data integrity.
We are looking for a self-motivated, agile team-player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, is willing to challenge existing solutions, and has a proven ability to create and maintain collaborative working relationships with cross-functional teams and their leaders. The ideal candidate possesses a unique mix of financial accounting knowledge and knowledge of business processes and will use that knowledge to negotiate and drive alignment across the broader Finance and Accounting organization and cross functional partners.
- Serve as the Finance subject matter expert (SME) on strategic partnership initiatives and related system solution implementations, representing accounting, tax and treasury requirements and considerations throughout the end-to-end development, from design through deployment
- Flexibly move between the Product Owner, “SME”, Process Designer, and Systems Architect as required by the situation at hand, leaning on the experts where needed but never allowing forward progress to slow
- Manage the partnerships deal portfolio for finance by collaborating with the technical and operational accounting teams on reviewing deal terms, driving the design forward based on the subsequent requirements, and outlining the process and identifying roles and responsibilities for each deal
- Review Functional Specification and design documents to ensure they meet business requirements
- Define and drive documentation of current and target state business processes and related systems flow with emphasis on cross-functional impact
- Make suggestions and drive decisions across cross-functional teams in both the technical and operational arenas, ensuring tradeoffs are understood and mitigations are put in place when required
- Develop strong working relationships with the Finance, IT, Acquisition Engineering, and Sales teams to ensure a cohesive product
- Continuously look to make improvements to our processes and system solution as it relates to our partnerships; spearhead enhancement projects and support strategic initiatives key to Peloton’s overall strategy
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to our business teams to help shape our offering strategy and roadmap
- Help with development of relevant training materials and SOP’s and training delivery to business team members
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in accounting, finance, computer science or related field
- 6-7 years experience of relevant experience, with at least 1-2 years of operational accounting experience and 1-2 years of direct project experience on large-scale systems initiatives or similar
- CPA, MBA and/or equivalent a strong plus (not required)
- Hands on experience completing a full cycle SAP ERP implementation, upgrade enhancements and post-go live support (required)
- Strong experience with Quote-to-Order, Accounting, Financial Reporting, and General Ledger systems
- Strong understanding of operational accounting concepts, specifically as it relates to the order to cash processes, subscription billing models, and revenue recognition
- Experience working in a similar techno-functional role, i.e. product management, agile project/program management or workstream lead
- Clear communicator with keen ability to present findings in succinct presentations and to express complex technical and accounting concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Highly organized with the ability to drive high level strategic thinking while also rolling up your sleeves to get the job done with a focus on creative solutioning to meet business team requirements and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, demonstrating rigorous attention to detail and adaptability to take on new projects and challenges.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.