Manager, Finance Transformation at Peloton
Reporting to the VP Finance, the Manager, Finance Transformation will be at the forefront of designing and implementing new business processes, systems and tools to support our domestic operations at scale, as well as our continued international expansion efforts. You will play a critical role as a facilitator between your accounting and finance stakeholders, and the technology teams across IT, engineering and Enterprise Systems in order to define strategic priorities for finance, and in turn design and deploy technology-driven solutions that enable us to scale our financial operations, automate existing processes, and improve data quality across our financial reporting. You will be responsible for driving best practices within our current and future system environment with a GAAP-accounting and financial reporting mindset, and a focus on operational efficiency and internal controls. You will focus on driving improvements in data integrity and automating the month-end close and financial reporting processes within the company’s ERP. You will also help to define and roll out newly defined workflows and tools to remediate identified internal control gaps and help the company achieve operating effectiveness of internal controls as part of its SOX program. You are the spokesperson for accounting requirements and considerations in many cross-functional projects across our internal systems, and are responsible for helping to define strategic priorities and communicate requirements on behalf of the finance & accounting team.
This is a newly created role to support a business that is growing in scale and complexity. You will have an opportunity to work cross-functionally and with an experienced and dynamic leadership team who is looking to support your career development.
- Partner with key finance team stakeholders within accounting, FP&A, tax and treasury teams to understand their current and future needs, including reporting and analysis capabilities, to meet ever-changing business requirements and focus on continual development of business systems
- Define and document business requirements for accounting & finance team with respect to new feature enhancements and broader strategic business system programs (e.g RMA)
- Act as finance “product owner” within accounting & finance scrum team on Enterprise Systems: represent and communicate accounting and finance requirements in technology projects, particularly as it relates to GAAP accounting requirements and SOX compliance requirements.
- Define and document the accounting systems roadmap and product strategy in close collaboration with stakeholders on finance team;
- Translate accounting & finance needs into user stories / business requirements, and work to prioritize backlog items.
- Partner with EIT, Engineering, and Financial System teams to push forward enhancements and prioritize / optimize workflow within various development channels:
- NetSuite Support Team
- Accounting Scrum Team
- Identify data quality gaps / risks and propose solutions to address these gaps, and improve end-to-end data quality in our financial systems.
- Serve as finance lead or SME in various aspects of Peloton’s “Next Gen” ERP implementation across core financial modules (record-to-report, procure-to-pay) and related integrations from other financial systems.
- Develop UAT test cases and assist in performing and validating UAT across projects as finance lead
- Train end users on how to effectively use financial systems features and applications
- 6+ years of related experience in a similar role within accounting & finance or financial systems teams - specific experience spanning both accounting and systems
- BS or higher degree in accounting, finance, computer science, or information technology
- Basic accounting knowledge in general accounting principles, set up of chart of accounts etc. a must, CPA a plus
- Direct ERP implementation experience in capacity as finance business lead and/or SME in an enterprise environment; multiple ERP implementations preferred
- Strong working knowledge and implementation experience with SAP strongly preferred
- Working experience with Multi-Subsidiary and inter-company transactions is mandatory. Exposure to EU is a plus.
- Energetic team player with excellent written communications, verbal communications, and conceptual skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication, problem solving, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Self-starter / self-motivated, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision.
- Comfortable in developing effective relationships with cross functional stakeholders, senior leadership, and scrum teams across the organization.
- Has a flexible approach to change, is able to work effectively in a variety of situations, constantly seeks improvements and is forward looking.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.