Manager, Revenue Accounting at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are looking for a Manager, Revenue Accounting to join a growing team in our New York City headquarters. This cross-functional role involves technical accounting, finance and operations. You will be a key partner with our Sales, Legal and Revenue Operations teams. This role will primarily be responsible for providing revenue recognition guidance and documenting accounting positions on complex contracts. This role will be a key contributor in preparing the Company for public readiness.
- Manage the revenue recognition function through contract review, revenue and deferred revenue reconciliation activities, analysis and reporting
- Identify and articulate complex revenue accounting issues clearly and concisely, and supervise preparation of revenue recognition documentation for external auditor review
- Responsible for the review of various accounting close entries including revenue recognition and related allowances, deferred revenue, and sales commission expense
- Review set up and ongoing maintenance of customer-specific ASC 606 revenue recognition models
- Partner with the Sales, Legal and Revenue Operation functions to optimize contract structure under ASC 606
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare documentation around complex revenue recognition accounting issues
- Assist with the implementation, compliance and maintenance of Sarbanes Oxley requirements around revenue recognition
- Review and support all revenue recognition disclosures
- Support the annual audit and preliminary activities with external auditors, as needed
- Build a high-performance team capable of meeting the Company’s strategic objectives
- Ad hoc projects and technical accounting research as needed
WHO YOU ARE
- Strong technical accounting skills and exposure to revenue recognition rules under U.S. GAAP
- Experience in researching accounting guidance and applying it to resolve complex technical issues as well as communicate conclusions to financial and non-financial personnel
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Accounting with CPA
- 4+ year’s experience at a public company or audit experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization, from clerical staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties
- SaaS or Technology industry experience, with subscription and professional service revenue models that are under the new ASC 606 guidelines
- Experience working with NetSuite or comparable ERP system
- Experience using and managing an automated Revenue Recognition solution
- Experience managing a team
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life
- Free daily lunch and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.