Manager, Strategic Finance at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We are seeking an innovative, execution-focused Manager of Strategic Finance to join and manage corporate finance in partnership with the corporate leadership team. In this role, you will serve as the primary finance partner to the corporate leadership team to set financial plans, track performance against plan, and surface actionable insights to drive prioritization of initiatives and investment of resources. Your responsibilities, among others, will include:
- Manage and support the annual budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting process in collaboration with Finance, Talent, and Corporate leadership
- Partner closely with functional leads and the People team to support headcount planning, forecasting, and organizational design by ensuring we have the right resources to support our rapidly growing business
- Partner with Accounting and functional leads to manage and execute standardized reporting and support continuous enhancement of the monthly reporting processes
- Lead and support the exploration and integration of new planning tools
- Represent the finance team in meetings and serve as the subject matter expert from finance on operational and analytical projects
- Continuously seek improvements to support Cityblock as the size and complexity of our business grows
Requirements for the Role:
- 6+ years of professional experience with at least 4 years in an FP&A, corporate finance, or strategic finance role in a start-up environment
- You are excited by the idea of building the finance infrastructure and strategy of a fast-growing, complex company with an innovative business model
- You are detail-oriented and takes pride in producing exceptional deliverables
- You demonstrate success by driving decision-making through influence through cross-functional collaboration across various levels and functions
- You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, including by building financial models and slide presentations
- You are methodical, thorough, and meticulous
- You marry operational and financial data to build a cohesive story
How We Define Success:
- You build strong, productive, and collaborative relationships with corporate leadership in order to drive financial success
- Corporate leaders view you as a trusted partner
- You provide corporate leadership with consistent, balanced summaries of findings to support budget trade-offs, investment decisions, historical performance, etc.
- You own a forecasting cycle, identifying and communicating team specific resource requests and quantifying the right return on investment
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Exposure to value-based care models and the national payer and risk-bearing provider landscape, as well as digital health trends and new entrants
- Experience in auditing at a public accounting firm
- Experience with FP&A planning tools (such as Adaptive, Host Analytics, Cube)
- Experience with NetSuite
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.