Payments Operations Analyst at Justworks
Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
As an Analyst on the Payments Operations team you will serve as the point person for daily payroll processing, resolve payroll related issues, and manage instances of non-sufficient funds. You must be comfortable making and supporting decisions with large financial and risk implications, while handling administrative and operational tasks. You’ll work within the payments team as well as with other teams to improve our existing systems, helping to ensure a seamless payments process.
What you'll do
- Oversee daily payroll processing, triage, and resolve issues
- Ensure that instances of non-sufficient funds are handled on a timely basis and according to established standard operating procedures
- Make and support complex payments-related decisions by utilizing all available data points, including your best judgment
- Respond to questions and requests from various teams at Justworks, including the Customer Success team
- Assist with maintaining the internal resource center regarding Payments Operations’ policies and procedures
Who you are
- Comfortable making and supporting risk based decisions on high-impact financial transactions
- Aptitude for quickly learning new products and subject matter
- Meticulous and detail-oriented, pride yourself in finding mistakes or errors
- Flexible and calm under pressure with an ability to thrive in a changing and complex environment
- Work effectively within a team, yet have the ability to take initiative and work effectively on your own
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Familiarity with basic business process management activities (process mapping, improvement, implementation, etc.)
- Knowledge of Standard Query Language (SQL) and/or Excel
- Prior experience in payroll or financial services
- Prior experience with Atlassian Software (Jira and Confluence) a plus
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.