Payments Risk Operations Analyst
Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.The Job
As the Payments Risk Operations Analyst, you will be responsible for developing a robust strategy to mitigate payments risk for Justworks. You will collaborate across departments to drive initiatives to completion. You must be able to identify and proactively address ever-evolving areas of vulnerability for our business. You will utilize your expertise and understanding of how to leverage technology-driven solutions to define risk thresholds for prospects and customers.What you’ll do
- Use a data-driven approach to evaluate payments risk and design effective prospect/customer authentication policies and programs
- Identify and develop process improvements/automation to maximize efficiency of fraud detection activities
- Collaborate across departments to get buy-in from relevant stakeholders on enhancements to existing payments risk policies
- Monitor Justworks prospects, new customers, and existing customer base to mitigate payments risk and ensure authenticity of customer data
- Review, evaluate and drive selection of new vendors or technologies to enhance Justworks’ overall payments risk mitigation strategy
- Research and remain current on the latest industry fraud trends and recommend tools, services, and best practices for improvement and communicate to relevant stakeholders
- Lead investigations related to payments risk and/or prospect/customer authentication
- Experienced at evaluating risk, automating and implementing fraud prevention processes
- Adept at working across multiple departments to implement standard operating procedures and establish best practices
- Able to take ownership of projects and make decisions in a fast-paced environment with minimal oversight
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse technical and non-technical groups
- Interested in laws, regulations, and requirements applicable to payments and financial services, including anti-money laundering and know-your-customer requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with acute attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Prior experience in fraud prevention and/or risk operations
- Payroll industry experience, treasury, and/or CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) preferred
- Proficient in SQL
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.