Revenue Accounting Manager at Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global leader in digital ad verification, ensuring that ads are viewable by real people in safe and suitable environments. IAS’s mission is to be the global benchmark for trust and transparency in digital media quality for the world’s leading brands, publishers and platforms. We do this through data-driven technologies with actionable real-time signals and insight. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in New York, IAS works with thousands of top advertisers and premium publishers worldwide. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of companies.
If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
We are looking for a Revenue Accounting Manager to join a growing team in our New York City headquarters. This cross-functional role involves technical accounting, finance and operations. You will be a key partner with our Sales, Legal and Revenue Operations teams and will primarily be responsible for providing revenue recognition guidance and documenting accounting positions on complex contracts. This is a great opportunity to work for a fast paced, high growth company with ample room to make a difference.
This individual loves to build things from scratch and is a versatile individual responsible for expediting and elevating our close, building out a SOX-ready environment, technical accounting around revenue recognition, and streamlining and automating process improvements across the order to cash process. This role will have high visibility to the CFO and partner weekly with leaders in the Sales, Revenue Analytics, and Engineering teams.
What you'll be doing as a Revenue Accounting Manager:
- Manage the revenue recognition function through contract review, revenue and deferred revenue reconciliation activities, analysis and reporting
- Identify and articulate complex revenue accounting issues clearly and concisely, and supervise preparation of revenue recognition documentation for external auditor review
- Responsible for the review of various accounting close entries including revenue recognition and related allowances, deferred revenue, and sales commission expense
- Review set up and ongoing maintenance of customer-specific ASC 606 revenue recognition models
- Partner with the Sales, Legal and Revenue Operation functions to optimize contract structure under ASC 606
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare documentation around complex revenue recognition accounting issues
- Assist with the implementation, compliance and maintenance of Sarbanes Oxley requirements around revenue recognition
- Review and support revenue recognition disclosures
- Support the annual audit and preliminary activities with external auditors, as needed
- Work with pricing team to ensure pricing model meets companies ASC 606 policies
- Ad hoc projects and technical accounting research as needed
What we're open to see in your background:
- 4+ year’s experience at a public company and/or audit experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Accounting with CPA
- Thorough understanding of technical accounting and exposure to revenue recognition rules under U.S. GAAP
- Experience in researching accounting guidance and applying it to resolve complex technical issues as well as communicate conclusions to financial and non-financial personnel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization, from clerical staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties
Would be great, but not required:
- AdTech industry experience, with subscription and professional service revenue models that are under the new ASC 606 guidelines
- Experience working with NetSuite or comparable ERP system and Salesforce is a plus
- Experience managing a team, intellectual curiosity, passion for learning new technology, able to identify market trends
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global market leader in digital ad verification, offering technologies that drive high-quality advertising media. IAS equips advertisers and publishers with both the insight and technology to protect their advertising investments from fraud and unsafe environments as well as to capture consumer attention, and drive business outcomes. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 18 offices across 13 countries. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of software companies. For more on how IAS is powering great impressions for top publishers and advertisers around the world, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [email protected]
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.