Revenue Operations Manager
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry's largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 3,400 retailers and more than 1,200 brands across 22 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2019', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
The Revenue organization comprises our global SaaS Sales, Advertising & Events, Retailer Engagement and Market Expansion functions representing both sides of LeafLink’s Marketplace. The Revenue Operations Manager will be responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the broader Revenue organization at LeafLink and will include planning, forecasting, reporting & analytics, goal setting and management, compensation design, revenue process optimization and strategic program implementation. You will also partner with the leaders of our rev team in providing advice on how to improve our Go-To-Market model.
As a Revenue Operations Manager, you will partner with the leader of the revenue team to drive revenue, develop and execute sales strategy, uncover and report on sales/account insights, and manage tools and processes to drive revenue at LeafLink.
This role is for self-starters and entrepreneurial-minded individuals who believe execution is everything. You are a good fit for this position if you are a goal-oriented overachiever, inherently positive and direct individual willing to explore new paths that require rapid-learning. We expect everyone at LeafLink to be humble and get their hands dirty in day-to-day tasks.
- Assist in all facets of sales planning, including headcount, quota plan, territory plan, and Go-To-Market strategies and in coordination with Finance to hit company goals.
- Provide insights and analytics along with tactical guidance to leadership with the ultimate goal of increasing and unblocking revenue
- Partner closely with senior leadership to develop actionable, measurable projects that accelerate sales growth and improve existing sales processes & operations
- Advise on new business growth strategy, churn strategy, existing customer base expansion, sales incentives and segmentation; approach problems analytically to come to data-driven resolutions
- Support weekly and monthly reporting and forecasting for the sales organization, identifying significant changes and trends that will materially impact the company’s growth trajectory
- Develop key performance metrics and dashboards that help sales organization focus on key performance drivers
- Gather requirements and project manage changes to our sales and support technology that result in improvements in sales and support rep productivity
- Establish strong working relationships with sales leadership, customer success, marketing and finance to improve overall operations and how the company goes to market
- Work directly with leadership to create and execute on strategies that steer the sales org including overall structure, sales goals, lead generation and management, segmentation / territory optimization, etc.
- Identify areas of market opportunity and gaps to prioritize customer segments accordingly
- Help sales team on complex price quoting requirements.
- Build handoff processes across each Go-to-Market function (pre to post sales) to ensure efficiency across functions (e.g account scoring, lead routing, post-sales account/opportunity hygiene etc.)
- Conduct sales analysis to help sales hit the target and scale: pipeline analysis, Win/Loss analysis of the deals, Account potential analysis, etc.
- Assist in driving sales compensation design, modeling and managing sales quotas, and plan administration ensuring plans are aligned with philosophy and organization goals
- Provide thought leadership, promote and implement best-in-class sales ops model in strong collaboration with Finance, Marketing, and Business Operations.
- Minimum 3 years of sales operations experience in a business-to-business sales environment, cloud-based/SaaS preferred and, ideally, 2+ in a management consulting, finance, or investment banking role.
- Understanding of sales and marketing platforms, systems and tools including SFDC mastery (complex dashboards & reports, custom report types, workflows).
- Experience working in the areas of process optimization and go-to-market approach
- Exceptional quantitative and MS Excel skills (sumifs, index/match and vlookup, table formulas, pivot tables).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can hold a meeting with directors and VPs and C level executives.
- Endless curiosity coupled with a roll up your sleeves and get things done mentality.
- Proven ability to be successful in a complex, fast-paced environment, planning and managing at both the strategic and operational level.
- Experience driving projects from start to finish and leading cross-functional teams
- SQL mastery and the ability
- Familiarity with sales tools such as Insight Squared, Periscope, Outreach, etc.
- Salesforce Admin Certification
- You understand that due to the nature of this role, external partners can change your day’s plan with little/minimal notice. You understand that some late nights, unplanned challenges, and tuning in to email outside of traditional business hours are part of the job.
- The ability to excel in a fast-paced startup, and excitement (not fear) about a rapidly changing industry
- Generous PTO
- Fun office environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefit Matching (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k Offered
- Stock options