Senior Accountant, Compensation, Payroll and Benefits
Fluent is a leading data-driven performance marketing company with an expertise in delivering measurable results. We interact with 1MM US consumers daily across our owned and operated websites. Our team uses the insights gathered from these interactions to drive growth for our partners. Through engaging digital experiences, Fluent creates meaningful and lasting connections between brands and consumers.
Fluent is looking for a Senior Accountant to support our growing base of 195 multi-state employees. This role will work closely with our Accountant Manager and the People Team focusing on payroll, benefits, equity, bonus and commission processing, calculations and related accounting and auditing needs.
You should be able to work independently and take initiative to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment with great accuracy. As a public company, strong attention to detail and an understanding of the importance of documentation for controls is required. Prior end-to-end payroll processing experience in a MUST.
Compensation, Payroll and Benefits:
- Calculating monthly bonus, profit share and commission accruals and processing quarterly payouts
- Accurate and timely processing of semi-monthly payroll, and quarterly commissions/bonus payments
- Creation of payroll-related general journal entries and maintenance of semi-monthly, monthly and quarterly reconciliations;
- Reviewing, approving and ensuring proper general ledger coding of all payroll, benefit and related invoices;
- Creating monthly variance analysis of payroll and payroll-vendor related expenditures;
- Ensuring accuracy and completeness of state withholding/rates and unemployment tax registrations
- Researching and resolving any tax agency delinquencies and discrepancies
- Aligning closely with Human Resources department to maintain accurate employee data;
- Coordinating with the SEC Reporting Director in updating and maintaining the tracking records for share-based compensation;
- Facilitating the delivery of stock to employees under stock options plans and processing of 1099 forms;
- Responding to employee general questions regarding payroll, deductions, etc.;
- Assisting with ad hoc projects as needed.
Taxes, Compliance, Reporting and Other:
- Providing internal and external audit requests
- Preparing variance analytics and support budget/forecasting for all payroll and related costs
- Ability to safeguard and maintain confidential information
- Aptitude for improving operations
- Proficient with technology and software, including ADP, Outlook and Excel
In addition to an undergraduate degree/studies, at least 3+ years of accounting experience preferably with end-to-end payroll related work experience in a multi-state company environment, the ideal candidate will be:
- Confident & humble. You’re comfortable acknowledging what you don’t know, give others the benefit of the doubt, and excited about leveraging your natural strengths.
- Passionate about what you do. You’re excited about being a part of Fluent, eager to contribute and learn, ask a lot of questions and proactively look for improvements.
- Thorough & accurate. You don’t consider the work complete until you have all the information needed. “Do it once & do it right” is your motto!
- Highly organized. You’re able to manage multiple priorities and work with a high sense of urgency.
- A creative problem solver. You don’t stop when you hit a speed bump and enjoy figuring out the best path forward and reach your destination.
- Positive. You are a curious and constant learner, where every day and every task is an opportunity to learn. Challenges are opportunities to showcase your skills.
At Fluent, we are proud of our high-performing team and highly-engaged culture. Our corporate headquarters are situated in the heart of Lower Manhattan and boast stellar views of the Hudson River, along with an in-house barista, game room, and fully-stocked refrigerators. We treat our employees to catered breakfast and lunch weekly and are known to host some of the best events – from our summer Scavenger Hunt to annual Field Day.
By supporting both personal and professional growth initiatives, we empower our team to learn, connect, innovate, and succeed. Fluent offers corporate She Runs It memberships and mentoring opportunities, as well as the chance to apply for a Fluent Dream Grant – a program designed to help our employees pursue their personal dreams and passions. Dedicated to serving our local communities, the Fluent team also participates in designated service days and monthly fundraising efforts.
Ranked as a Crain’s Best Place to Work in NYC six years in a row, Fluent is proud to offer the following:
- Competitive salary
- Ample career and professional growth opportunities
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K with generous employer match
- Open office space for team collaboration
- The opportunity to work for a high-flying performance marketing company!
Fluent participates in the E-Verify Program. As a participating employer, Fluent, LLC will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Fluent, LLC follows all federal regulations including those set forth by The Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices (OSC). The OSC enforces the anti-discrimination provision (§ 274B) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), 8 U.S.C. § 1324b.