Senior Accountant at Gympass
GET TO KNOW US
We simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We are hiring a Senior Accountant to our Finance team in the US!
This position can be based out of our New York City or Houton location. We offer the flexibility to work remotely with the expectation of traveling to the office a few times per month.
- Assisting with the global monthly close process
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations
- Collaborate with the financial operations teams
- Work closely with FP&A on variance analysis
- Work with internal audit to assess financial controls
- Coordinate directly with independent auditors in completing annual US GAAP financial audits
- Collaborate with BPOs on local statutory filings
WHO YOU ARE
- A true team player who loves working towards both team and individual goals with at least 3+ years experience in a mix of public auditing and private industry accounting
- A licensed CPA with Big 4 experience is preferred
- Experience with Netsuite is preferred
- You have the ability to work both autonomously and collaborate in a team environment
- A self-starter who can multi-task and adapt to a fast-growing and dynamic organization
- A strong communicator who is both tenacious and goal-oriented
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: health, dental, and life insurance
GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge. Competitive PTO starting on Day 1 and floating holiday in addition to 9 company-observed holidays
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family. 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent's relationship with the co-parent
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
And to get a glimpse of Life at Gympass...follow us on Instagram @gympasscareers, Facebook “Life at Gympass” and LinkedIn!
Belonging @ Gympass
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.