Today, the biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $100M+. And the problem is only getting worse.
At TrialSpark, we don’t believe it has to be this way. Through technology and a new operational model, we’re reimagining how clinical trials are run, with the mission of bringing new treatments to patients faster.
We do this by partnering with physicians to enable them to run clinical trials within their existing practices. By providing the technology platform, equipment, and staffing, TrialSpark alleviates the operational burden of clinical research, enabling physicians to focus on what they do best -- patient care. And by bringing clinical research to physician practices, TrialSpark is enabling access for the 98% of patients who are never exposed to clinical trial opportunities.Job Description
We’re looking to hire a staff or senior accountant, based on your level of experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the team to manage specific areas of the monthly close process including:
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Managing the company’s expenses by executing the following processes:
- Vendor payments (setting up new vendors, processing vendor invoices, remitting payment)
- Employee expense reimbursements (classifying and approving expense reports, monitoring company credit card spend)
- Patient and physician payments
- Sending and collecting customer invoices and working with key internal stakeholders to manage A/R
- Managing cash flow and net working capital
- Collaborating with other departments (product, engineering, clinical ops) to improve the above processes
- Performing regular flux analysis to deliver key insights to the team and key stakeholders
- Supporting one of the company’s business lines by creating reporting packages to deliver insights to key stakeholders
- Collaborating with FP&A to deliver insights from actuals and how this impacts future results
- Leading financial system implementations, integrations, and improvements
- Supporting technical accounting requests as needed. This may include: stock compensation, Rev 606, taxes
- Supporting the business’s ad hoc financial requests
The person who excels in this role will quickly learn how things are currently done, take full ownership of those processes, and then suggest and implement improvements. This person will be leading projects as well as rolling up their sleeves and getting into the detail. There’s plenty to do, so we also envision the right person for this position will be eager to take on new projects over time.Experience
You’d be a great fit for this position if you are:
- Organized and detail oriented - This role is all about the details. You need to juggle many different tasks, ensuring they all get done in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ownership mentality - You feel a strong sense of ownership over your work. You not only get it done well, but also look for ways to improve how we do things.
- Passionate about startups and entrepreneurship - You like to create things from scratch and can operate effectively without micromanagement. You're comfortable in both team and individual contexts.
- Kind, thoughtful, and low ego - We look for folks who have these attributes, as we think they are key contributors to a great company culture.
- GAAP Proficient - You know the rules around when and how to recognize revenue, expenses, and equity per GAAP.
- Added bonuses - CPA, knowledge of QuickBooks, NetSuite, Bill.com, Expensify or similar systems.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status