Senior Accountant at OwnBackup
Location: New JerseyCompany Description
OwnBackup is a leading cloud-to-cloud backup & restore vendor. We provide secure, automated, daily backups of SaaS data as well as sophisticated data compare & restore tools for disaster recovery. Our solution complements the SaaS vendor’s (e.g. Salesforce) built-in data-protection mechanisms by covering data loss & corruption caused by human errors, malicious intent, integration errors, and rogue applications. The solution also provides enterprises with the performance and reporting required to meet compliance regulations in a number of industries.
OwnBackup was co-founded by data-recovery, data-protection and information-security experts, each with over 15 years experience in their respective fields. We are a top-ranked backup & restore ISV on the Salesforce.com AppExchange, the 2018 Salesforce Appy award winner, and the winner of multiple Demo Jam awards.
We believe that every employee in the company can and should make an impact every day, and we empower them to do so. If you are self-motivated, like to take initiative and are a great team player you will love working here.Job Description
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to help write the next chapter of our growth story. The Senior Accountant is a key position for our team and will bring fresh ideas and effective tools to help us scale efficiently and maximize our potential. In addition to completing regular transactional and recordkeeping tasks, performing reconciliations, and supporting the periodic financial reporting processes, you will also work with our external partners around the world to fulfill various filing and reporting obligations and facilitate our global financial operations.
Forward-thinking and ambitious, the Senior Accountant will constantly seek ways for OwnBackup to optimize core accounting and finance processes in support of the continued rapid growth and expansion of the business. Most importantly, we believe culture is as important as results. An effective Senior Accountant will rely on strong interpersonal skills to get things done throughout the organization, while setting an example for fellow OwnBackupers.
This position will report to the Controller.
- Own and improve upon accounting, reporting, and financial operations and processes
- Record cash disbursements and receipts, prepare accrual entries, and reconcile general ledger account balance
- Conduct monthly reconciliation of bank and credit card accounts, as well as intercompany transactions
- Assist with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Assist with preparation of year end audit, work closely with the audit team to provide accurate supporting schedules
- Work closely with local tax accountants for timely VAT and other tax filings
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly reporting package, and prepare monthly work papers for the monthly/quarterly/annual close
- Assist in improving, developing, and documenting accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Ad hoc accounting projects as needed
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, economics, or relevant field
- At least four years of relevant accounting experience, at least two of which was at an operating company, ideally working on a variety of related tasks and projects with increasing responsibility
- Understanding of GAAP and overall accounting principles
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Able to work independently, follow tasks through to completion and meet commitments, proactively seeking guidance as necessary
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail under tight deadlines, while also driving toward clarity, efficiency, and results
- Demonstrated bias for ownership and action
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of NetSuite and Salesforce a plus