Senior Accountant at Cedar
Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join our growing Finance team! This individual will own the accounts receivable function, as well as assist the Controller with month-end closing, the annual audit, and tax filings. In addition, this person will be a major contributor to the upcoming ERP implementation, and will work cross functionally with other departments and stakeholders both inside and outside the organization.
Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented and organized, and will thus have the opportunity to own and implement many processes across the Finance team as the company rapidly scales. Additionally, this is a new role, and would be perfect for someone who wants to make an immediate impact on Cedar’s financial functions, take ownership in regards to operating and improving processes, and continue to grow and expand their skill set with a high growth team.
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting (P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow) and related variance analyses (against Prior Periods, Prior Year, Budget and Forecast)
- Manage accounts receivable with the proper invoicing within standard policies reflective of company and client requirements, while assuring timely and accurate collections
- Enter accounts payable invoices into AP system, confirming G/L coding and investigating any discrepancies
- Record cash receipts, prepare bank and credit card reconciliations
- Prepare supporting schedules for financial statements, management and board reporting, and audit/tax returns
- Maintain and update rollforward schedules
- Prepare journal entries, reconcile accounts, and support schedules for monthly closing of the books
- Assist with the new ERP and other financial system implementations
- Maintain a culture that adheres to Cedar’s values of focusing on our vision, using good judgement, staying positive, and disallowing mediocrity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 3-5 years of Accounting, Audit or Tax experience
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications; Excel is required (pivot tables, v-look ups, etc.)
- Big 4 accounting experience is a plus but not required
- CPA license is preferred
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Online and NetSuite ERP systems is a plus
- Highly organized and proactive with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Cross collaborative - both internally across the organization and externally
- Excited about Cedar’s mission of improving the healthcare finance experience
- Eligible to work in the United States
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to solve a problem that affects millions of patients annually
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Senior Accountant who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.