We are looking for a Senior Accountant to help manage and support IAS’s Corporate Accounting team. This candidate will be responsible for taking ownership of the end-to-end workstream processes related to accounting for a variety of operating expenses. This candidate will challenge the status quo in order to develop and implement best practices within our accounting and financial reporting processes. The ideal candidate will have excellent business acumen, strong communication skills, and will be a natural numbers wizard with applicable expertise in Excel and other tools. In addition, the candidate has in-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP, business process design, internal controls, and experience working with external auditors. They are an analytical thinker who enjoys working cross-functionally in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This role will report directly to the Sr Accounting Manager.
What you’ll be doing as a Senior Accountant
- Own the month-end close processes for assigned areas, including daily interaction with internal business partners and external auditors.
- Ensure data compliance for assigned accounts across all relevant systems.
- Prepare and Review monthly journal entries and related balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepare analytics over financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances versus prior periods to efficiently report results to upper management and internal business partners.
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues as they occur in a timely manner.
- Develop robust documentation of internal controls, and ensure all controls are performed and documented in a manner that will meet requirements of both internal and external auditors.
- Actively maintain and review designated General Ledger accounts and activity.
- Continually improve business processes through automation, thoughtful analysis, and researching best practices in the industry.
- Support business processes by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to FP&A, Accounts Payable, Treasury, Tax, Human Resources, Legal, and Strategy.
- Assist with the design and test work leading up to the implementation of a new ERP system.
- Partake in ad hoc team projects and analysis, as assigned.
What we’re open to seeing in your background
- Active CPA or CPA eligible preferred
- In-depth knowledge of Accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
- Knowledge of IFRS would be a plus, but not required
- 4-6 years of relevant Accounting experience; Mix of Public & Private accounting experience would be a plus
- Experience with financial reporting and financial statement preparation
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet pressing deadlines
- Tech savvy and MS Excel super user; must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent years of experience
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global leader in digital ad verification, ensuring that ads are viewable by real people in safe and suitable environments. IAS’s mission is to be the global benchmark for trust and transparency in digital media quality for the world’s leading brands, publishers and platforms. We do this through data-driven technologies with actionable real-time signals and insight. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in New York, IAS works with thousands of top advertisers and premium publishers worldwide. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of companies. For more information, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [email protected]
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.