Senior Associate, Market Risk at Gemini
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Risk
Protection - for our clients and our company - forms the linchpin of our business at Gemini. Our Risk department plays a critical role in proactively identifying, mitigating, and managing the firm’s exposure, both internally and externally. Leveraging data, engineering, and intellectual horsepower, our Risk team is building a robust second line of defense in a first-of-its kind industry; our goal: safeguard Gemini so that we can continue to revolutionize the future of money.
The Role: Senior Associate, Market Risk
Gemini is looking for a Sr. Associate to be part of the risk management function. The risk management function works closely with various teams across Gemini including products, operations, engineering, compliance and audit to manage inherent risks in processes of the Company. We are looking for someone who can bring risk management and technical expertise while at the same time a critical, quantitative and hands-on approach to manage market risk of Gemini. The role will require to implement technical solutions for real-time risk monitoring and recommend risk mitigation actions. The role provides an exciting opportunity to understand and build risk infrastructure of an evolving asset class. The role will provide opportunity to challenge the most fundamental risk management principles and implement solutions which suit the new and evolving asset class with a beginner's mindset. To excel in this role, the individual will use his/ her experience, analytical skills and technical ability to add value to the organization.
- Identify and monitor risks across various existing and new products and derivatives including futures, options and structured products.
- Monitor intraday and overnight market and counterparty risk exposure at portfolio and single-product levels and highlight key risks as needed.
- Monitor developments in the market and help build, revise and enhance risk limits, methodologies and processes.
- Develop and enhance real-time risk monitoring and reporting tools for key risks while ensuring that the team's technical solutions are robust and high-quality.
- Partner with products, data, engineering and operations team to implement risk related processes and in risk mitigation.
- Contribute to build policy based risk management and governance framework in the organization.
- Bachelor's degree with specialization in maths, statistics, engineering or any other quantitative field.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in the financial risk management field with strong quantitative and technical background.
- Knowledge of traded assets and derivatives including futures, options, structured products and their risk characteristics.
- Strong technical skills with knowledge of data processing and analysis technologies (BI packages, Python or similar).
- Proactive attitude and problem solving skills.
- Experience in establishing the three lines of defense.
- Quantitative skill set; ability to synthesize data and build automation for risk reporting across departments.
- Knowledge of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) tools.
- Good communication skills; teamwork oriented.
- CFA, FRM, PRM designation preferred.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.