Senior FP&A Analyst
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams. In close collaboration with community based organizations and a leading commercial partner, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
We’re seeking an entrepreneurial associate in strategic finance to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll support the build of FP&A, with a particular focus on Market performance, working with both our operators and our actuaries to assess performance and make operating decisions.
In this role as the fourth full-time member of our Finance group, you will work closely with the executive team, business leaders across the company and markets, and directly contribute to the design and build of our growing Finance function. We are rapidly developing capabilities across accounting, FP&A, treasury, corporate finance, capital budgeting, audit and tax, risk management and regulatory and investor reporting, and require capable generalists with extraordinary attention to detail and a great work ethic to push our business forward.
- Support our businesses across markets from a financial perspective
- Help lead the economic strategy of markets (individually and as a whole), measuring ongoing performance and projecting future performance
- Run point on forecasting, working with every department at headquarters and in the field to work out topline and bottom line targets and budgets
- Perform recurring and ad hoc financial analysis (initiative review, capital budgeting, etc)
- Use financial skills and knowledge to identify risks, opportunities, strengths, weaknesses across company departments and domains
- Project management support: use tangible finance skills and mindset to lend support to a broad swath of operational and cross-functional projects
- Work closely with a cross-functional slice of leaders across the company, in particular our Market GMs
You’d be a good fit if:
- You are excited by the idea of building the finance infrastructure and finance strategy of a fast-growing, complex company with an innovative business model
- You are operational, you like working with leaders in the field and thinking about real operational problems
- You are interested in / excited by the intersection of healthcare, risk, insurance and technology
- You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- You are extremely meticulous yet flexible and creative
- You are hard-working and detail-oriented
- You can fluidly and passionately think about an income statement and a balance sheet
- You can marry operational and financial data
- No one exact skill-set required: you could come from investing, advisory, or corporate finance; you could be more of an Excel jockey, you could be more of an FP&A / accounting and reporting expert. What’s essential is love of finance, passion for the company mission, and determination to make a difference
Nice to have:
- Healthcare experience, risk experience, operating / entrepreneurial experience, direct FP&A experience, experience with data / data science, experience in Netsuite or bitquery
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic