Senior FP&A Analyst at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs, bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs and some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are—bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. We will get started in new markets, each with their own operating structure and care teams, and continue to grow in the communities where we are working already. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To deliver a radically better experience of care to our members and advance equity in the communities we serve, we strive to make our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bridging together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels like they belong, are valued, respected, and celebrated as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
We’re seeking an entrepreneurial associate in strategic finance to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll support the build of FP&A, with a particular focus on Market performance, working with both our operators and our actuaries to assess performance and make operating decisions.
In this role as the fourth full-time member of our Finance group, you will work closely with the executive team, business leaders across the company and markets, and directly contribute to the design and build of our growing Finance function. We are rapidly developing capabilities across accounting, FP&A, treasury, corporate finance, capital budgeting, audit and tax, risk management and regulatory and investor reporting, and require capable generalists with extraordinary attention to detail and a great work ethic to push our business forward.
- Support our businesses across markets from a financial perspective
- Help lead the economic strategy of markets (individually and as a whole), measuring ongoing performance and projecting future performance
- Run point on forecasting, working with every department at headquarters and in the field to work out topline and bottom line targets and budgets
- Perform recurring and ad hoc financial analysis (initiative review, capital budgeting, etc)
- Use financial skills and knowledge to identify risks, opportunities, strengths, weaknesses across company departments and domains
- Project management support: use tangible finance skills and mindset to lend support to a broad swath of operational and cross-functional projects
- Work closely with a cross-functional slice of leaders across the company, in particular our Market GMs
You’d be a good fit if:
- You are excited by the idea of building the finance infrastructure and finance strategy of a fast-growing, complex company with an innovative business model
- You are operational, you like working with leaders in the field and thinking about real operational problems
- You are interested in / excited by the intersection of healthcare, risk, insurance and technology
- You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- You are extremely meticulous yet flexible and creative
- You are hard-working and detail-oriented
- You can fluidly and passionately think about an income statement and a balance sheet
- You can marry operational and financial data
- No one exact skill-set required: you could come from investing, advisory, or corporate finance; you could be more of an Excel jockey, you could be more of an FP&A / accounting and reporting expert. What’s essential is love of finance, passion for the company mission, and determination to make a difference
Nice to have:
- Healthcare experience, risk experience, operating / entrepreneurial experience, direct FP&A experience, experience with data / data science, experience in Netsuite or bitquery
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.