Senior Internal Auditor at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the third year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing frictionless experiences and technology for our partners and 8+ million members.
The Senior Auditor, Internal Controls, will take a leadership role supporting our SOX Compliance program within the Finance Organization and will report into the Head of Internal Audit and Controls. The Senior Auditor will be responsible for SOX readiness work, including evaluating processes, risks, and designing SOX-ready controls for growing and newly acquired businesses. In addition, the Senior Auditor will support the program by performing ongoing SOX tests of design and operating effectiveness.
The Senior Auditor will work closely with the Corporate Controller, business process and control owners, and our external auditors. Requirements for this position include extensive knowledge of US GAAP, SEC/PCOB regulations, COSO and IT Audit concepts, as well as the demonstrated ability to monitor an effective global risk-based internal control environment.
What You Will Do:
- Execute SOX readiness and Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk Management work for our growing business; this will include gaining an understanding and mapping of the processes, identifying risks and control points, making recommendations, and evaluating the processes for SOX readiness
- Assess and determine design effectiveness of internal controls through applying testing and control-related best practices, including remediation recommendations and deficiency evaluations
- Communicate SOX requirements and control best-practices
- Prepare executive-level reporting
- Work with business owners to address any potential control gaps that may require remediation
- Partner with various business owners and finance teams including Accounting, Financial Planning, Tax, IT to provide expertise in assessing the design and effectiveness of internal controls
- Liaise with regional finance stakeholders as well as external auditors
- Ensure the delivery of high quality, timely work products
- Continuously identify efficiencies in the SOX program and opportunities for optimization of the financial and operational processes and controls through interaction and partnership with management
- Exhibit strong project management skills with the ability to hold self and others accountable to deadlines
- Demonstrate the ability to exercise judgment and display a high standard of ethics and professionalism
- Demonstrate exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to understand complexities of the business
Who You Are:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting and CPA Required
- Has a strong understanding of GAAP, PCAOB Compliance Standard, Sarbanes Oxley, COSO, IT audit concepts, and leading business practices
- Recent Big 4 experience providing auditing or advisory-type services to Fortune 500 companies
- Knowledge of best practices around financial internal controls matters
- Deep knowledge of current PCAOB Auditing and Accounting Standards
- Proven ability to project manage complex engagements or programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, self-motivated with the ability to meet project deadlines and deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in risk management field (e.g., risk management, audit, compliance) desired. Strong knowledge of working in Audit Board (SOX Hub) preferred.
- Effective ability to influence, drive change and resolve conflicts.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytic, logical reasoning and problem solving
- Strong project management skills to lead and prioritize multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and continuous improvement
- Some travel may be required in the future, up to 10% travel
CLEAR is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.