As the Senior Manager, Accounting Analytics reporting into the Senior Director of Data Science, you will lead a team of Data Analysts in optimizing reporting solutions for each month-end close. Under your leadership the Accounting squad of the Data Science team will identify, design and build solutions that enable strategic initiatives and operational improvements. You will drive forward programs to improve the quality of our financial data and efficiency of the accounting close process, as well as design technology-enabled solutions to support Peloton’s evolving business at scale. You will work directly with Accounting & Finance stakeholders to understand their needs, identify opportunities to optimize existing processes and leverage your data and analytics skills to provide better visibility into financial data and develop insights to enable leadership to make effective, data-driven decisions.
- Collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders to proactively identify process improvements, capture business process requirements, and help translate these requirements into technical solutions to drive efficiency for the organization
- Support the Accounting and Finance stakeholders with automation and build out customized analytic reports for financial and operational reporting
- Design and develop ETL workflows and datasets in Alteryx to be used by the Accounting and Finance team to automate the month-end close processes and reconciliations
- Ability to write complex SQL queries with multiple joins to automate/manipulate these extracts in Alteryx; prepare technical specifications and documentation for Alteryx workflows
- Take a hands-on approach to troubleshooting complex process and functional issues and manage these through to resolution
- Work in partnership with the Finance stakeholders and IT partners concerning the accuracy of data and efficiency of processes
- Diagnose and troubleshoot data discrepancies and errors
- Understand existing source system data models
- Work with business partners and IT integrations team to define and create reporting dashboards, and support ongoing data monitoring for financial data across systems
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Accounting, Finance or Statistics)
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in analytics or business intelligence capacity
- 2+ years of people management of technical analysts
- Highly skilled in SQL and strong data extraction skills
- Advanced-level proficiency in Alteryx
- Hands-on experience working with very large datasets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation
- Hands-on experience with data model development and reporting in data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, and familiar with spreadsheet software (Excel, Google Sheets)
- High level of precision and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels and to understand and express complex technical concepts
- Understanding of financial accounting concepts and familiarity with month-end close process
- Proactive, self-motivated, and can work independently with strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with ERP software (such as NetSuite, SAP or Oracle) a plus
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.