Senior Manager, Financial Reporting at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
- Maintain equity rollforward and manage use of Carta, the company’s equity management solution
- Prepare/review all journal entries, reconciliations, and disclosures related to stock-based compensation and other stock issuances in accordance with ASC 718
- Stay informed on new accounting guidance for applicability to the company, including disclosure requirements and best practices relating to ASC 606 and ASC 842
- Work closely with the VP Accounting and Controller to monitor ongoing and upcoming business transactions to identify any that require a technical accounting assessment or new corporate accounting procedures
- Perform technical research on identified business transactions as required, document and communicate findings, and integrate any accounting implications into the month-end close process
- Maintain organized project plans and documentation for the assessment and application of newly adopted accounting standards.
- On a monthly basis, coordinate with FP&A and Controller’s team to consolidate and perform monthly analysis over operating results, including budget versus actual, to be presented/discussed with management
- On a quarterly basis, with the support of the Financial Analyst, prepare all comparative consolidated financial statements, including cash flow and stockholder’s equity, with attention to detail in relation to internal consistency and prior period continuity, in accordance with US GAAP
- Prepare high-level quarterly income statement and balance sheet analytics, comparing and documenting significant fluctuations between reporting periods in an MD&A format
- Work closely with the general accounting team and FP&A to ensure appropriate classification of income statement and balance sheet transactions for proper financial statement presentation on an ongoing basis
- Stay informed on Regulation S-X and S-K requirements and apply to financial statement presentation and supporting footnote disclosures within quarterly and annual reports
- With the Financial Analyst, prepare all required financial statement disclosures and review the disclosure checklist to ensure completeness, identifying new or updated disclosures that may impact the company in accordance with US GAAP
- Assist with month-end close tasks and reconciliations on an as-needed basis as corporate accounting team continues to build out its formal functions
- Assist with special projects as requested by the VP Accounting
- Work closely with the external and internal audit teams to provide supporting documents related to the quarterly and annual financial reporting process
- Minimum 7+ years of experience, with at least 5 years of progressive accounting experience in an SEC-compliant organization or as an auditor for an SEC-filer at a top tier accounting firm
- CPA certification is a must
- Experience successfully implementing issued accounting pronouncements, including research on application and required disclosures
- Experience managing a direct report
- Thrives in a dynamic, and fast-paced environment
- Prolonged periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment