Senior Manager, Payments at Justworks (Greater NYC Area, NY)
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
As a leader for this team, you are capable of crafting a long term plan. You also possess the drive, attention to detail, and the ability to work with key clients and stakeholders across Justworks including: engineering, security, product management and partnering enterprise teams that transform your plan into reality. You have a strong history of managing others and are a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. You are a fast learner, who can quickly absorb the nuances of Justworks’ payment offerings as well as the behavior of our internal systems. A dedicated problem-solver, you can leverage your payments expertise, customer knowledge and market insights to re-imagine the way customers benefit from payments related services and solutions, creating experiences and processes that simplify and enhance access to our payments products and services.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Managing payment operations: Manage day to day payment operations that involve high volume and high value ACH/wire transactions. Develop, implement, and maintain strong standard operating procedures around our payment service offerings. Build tools and reporting to track performance and costs. Use data and metrics to inform your actions and decisions.
- Driving payments strategy: Leveraging your payments expertise to provide thought leadership and insights into general industry needs and business opportunities. Draw on experience and knowledge to see the big picture and build tools and processes to support the execution of this vision.
- Facilitating creation of new products: Drive the ideation and research of new payment services and products. Partner with product and engineering teams to bring these new products to market. Be a subject matter expert in the programs and become a valued resource for others in our customer service functional areas.
- Ensuring a flawless payments experience: Work cross-functionally with operations, sales, product and engineering and externally with our partners to make sure our customers have the best possible experience when using our payment services.
- Mitigating risk: Identify areas of risk, develop appropriate risk mitigation strategies, and escalate project issues and risks to management as needed
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Ethical practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum 10 years of experience in payments and services preferably to a diverse set of small and medium businesses from multiple industries
- Operational knowledge of payments processing methods (ACH, RTP, Wires etc.), protocols and platforms at scale
- Minimum 5 years of direct people management experience
- Sound business acumen with experience in leading complex businesses with a passion for bringing people and technology together. You strive for balance across business value, customer need, end-user desire, market expectation, and customer experience
- Ability to work effectively in an environment of complexity, ambiguity, changing priorities and flex based on demand.
- Advanced communication skills, including experience communicating effectively with different stakeholders and levels of management.
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment