Senior Manager, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting at Collibra
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Manager, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting to join our team to support the continued growth Collibra is experiencing. This position reporting to the Controller will prepare, research, and analyze technical accounting matters and draft technical accounting memos to document the company’s position in accordance with U.S. GAAP. This position will also be responsible for financial statement preparation, audit assistance and have some quarterly accounting close responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong background with analyzing and interpreting accounting guidance with experience in equity accounting, business combinations and knowledge of ASC 606. The successful candidate is a competent individual with integrity, accountability, strong interpersonal skills, is a team player, and excels in a fast-paced environment.A day in the life of a Senior Manager, Technical Accouting & Financial Reporting at Collibra:
You’ll be reporting directly to the Controller and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Identifies, researches, and evaluates the accounting treatment for all significant and complex accounting transactions, and reviews technical accounting memorandums to document the company’s position to conclude on accounting impacts and complex accounting matters.
- Analyzes new and proposed accounting standards issued by the SEC and the FASB to determine the impact on the company and implements new accounting standards, as required.
- Maintains, updates, and evaluates new accounting policies and procedures in line with new pronouncements, as needed.
- Responsible for month-end close activities associated with equity accounts (stock compensation journal entries); reviews equity transactions and prepares reconciliation of the general ledger to the supporting documents.
- Responsible for preparation of statement of equity rollforward, statement of cash flows, and calculation of basic and diluted earnings per share.
Reporting & other
- Assist with evaluating the accounting consequences of potential transactions and review of business combination valuations and purchase price allocation to ensure that scope, methodology and key assumptions are understood and supportable.
- Prepare financial statements and required footnote disclosures
- Provide guidance to functional accounting teams and/or integration team on the operationalization and implementation of accounting requirements.
- Prepare impairment analysis for Goodwill and Intangible assets
- Prepare software capitalization position memo and assist with implementation if required.
- Supports internal controls development and compliance; mitigates and remediates issues identified through internal and external audit processes.
- 10+ years of experience in Accounting and/or Finance roles, including Big 4 accounting firm experience, National office or Consulting advisory experience preferred.
- Deep technical (US GAAP) understanding and expertise.
- Experience with quarterly and annual SEC filings (Proxy Statement, 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K and others), including XBRL tagging of SEC documents
- System savvy and ability to work with different applications and databases; experience with NetSuite or other cloud-based ERP, a plus.
- Experience with financial reporting tools such as DFIN, Workiva a plus
- Self-motivated, able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance. CPA certification a plus.
- Competitive compensation, and private company equity
- Inclusive benefits package allowing enrollment of dependents and partners
- A flexible culture that understands the importance of quality of work over quantity
- An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 600+ Collibrians across 18 countries, united by our value of open, direct, and kind
- A culture of company-wide collaboration and shared success.
- Company supported and employee driven resource groups that promote diversity, career development and empowerment
- Learning and development programs to advance your career and personal growth
- Corporate social responsibility initiatives with global reach
- Regular recognition, feedback, and open communication across all levels
- Team building, bonding, mentorship and support to grow confidence, trust and friendships
- Fully stocked kitchens, biweekly catered lunches, and regular social events for when we get back to the office. Until then, we’re finding new ways to stay connected and engaged.
*At Collibra, we’re focused on building a world-class company and culture, and that starts with the people we hire. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.*