We're looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant to join the Accounting team in New York to support Vimeo’s growth by ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting and a strong and sustainable internal control environment.
You will specialize in revenue recognition and serve as a key member of the team to oversee and coordinate source data reports, third party reporting, and cash transactions impacting revenue reporting. You will collaborate closely with many of Vimeo’s organizations, including Sales, Sales Operations, BI & Analytics, Product & Engineering and Transactions. Additionally, you’ll be preparing monthly journal entries and reconciliations as part of the monthly financial close process.What You'll Do
- Review customer contracts for proper recognition in accordance with U.S. GAAP, specifically ASC 606, Revenue Recognition including preparing and maintaining revenue recognition schedules for sales contracts in real time.
- Prepare revenue and deferred revenue journal entries and related reconciliations as part of the monthly financial close process, resolving reconciling items and establishing processes to prevent further occurrences of out of balance conditions
- Analyze actual revenue results against forecast, prior quarters and prior years and provide succinct variance explanations to support the monthly financial results meeting
- Analyze the allowance for credit losses and apply company policy for allowance provisions and write offs
- Monitor sales team requests and assess appropriateness under ASC 606, suggesting contract adjustments to optimize revenue recognition accounting processes
- Partner with the Sales Operations team to ensure revenue-affecting data points are accurately reflected in Salesforce in real time.
- Work closely with product and analytics teams on business changes and new revenue products to ensure accurate revenue recognition
- Participate in efforts to implement new revenue recognition tool as needed
- Respond to interim review and year-end audit requests from internal and external auditors as part of the financial reporting process
- Provide support for ad-hoc requests
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with at least 3 years of revenue accounting experience at a publicly traded company
- BS Degree in Accounting required, CPA is desired
- Experience with ASC 606 Revenue Recognition
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (Advanced, Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, Conditional formulas), particularly in navigating detailed system-generated source reports, downloading and manipulating large amounts of data to produce detailed, thorough, high quality work
- Oracle, Salesforce and Blackline experience a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of SOX requirements and internal control best practices
- Possess a curious, inquisitive spirit and foster an environment of continuous improvement
Vimeo is the world's leading professional video platform and community. We empower over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world's largest brands — to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos and to reach teams, audiences and customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. We're headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse and global community that we serve, and we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders and culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.