Sr. Accountant, Commissions at Vimeo
We're looking for a Sr. Accountant to join Vimeo's Accounting team in New York, supporting our growth by ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting and a strong and sustainable internal control environment.
You will specialize in revenue recognition and accounting for commissions and serve as a key member of the team to oversee and coordinate source data reports, third-party reporting, and cash transactions impacting revenue and commission reporting. You will collaborate closely with many of Vimeo’s organizations, including Sales, Sales Operations, BI & Analytics, Product & Engineering, and Transactions. Additionally, you’ll be preparing monthly journal entries and reconciliations as part of the monthly financial close process.
This role will be based in New York, New York reporting to the Sr. Accounting Manager specializing in Revenue.
What you'll do:
- Participate in monthly financial close processes ensuring accurate and timely results. Ensure proper adherence of internal controls to maintain the integrity over financial reporting
- Prepare revenue and deferred revenue journal entries and related reconciliations as part of the monthly financial close process, resolving reconciling items and establishing processes to prevent further occurrences of out of balance conditions
- Prepare commission journal entries, including monthly accruals and capitalization under ASC606
- Analyze actual results against forecast, prior quarters and prior years, and provide succinct variance explanations to support the monthly financial results meeting
- Partner with the Sales Operations team to ensure revenue and commission-affecting data points are properly reflected in Salesforce in real-time
- Participate in efforts to implement new revenue recognition tools as needed
- Respond to interim review and year-end audit requests from internal and external auditors as part of the financial reporting process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls. Work with team members to create Desk Procedures for accounting policy and regulations
- Provide support for ad-hoc requests
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 4+ years of relevant experience managing Accounting processes, contributing to a monthly accounting close.
- BS Degree in Accounting required, CPA is desired
- Strong understanding of GAAP, specifically ASC 606, and operational accounting/financial reporting processes.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (Advanced, Pivot Tables, Vlookups, Conditional formulas), particularly in navigating detailed system-generated source reports, downloading and manipulating large amounts of data to produce detailed, thorough, high quality work
- Oracle, Salesforce, Zuora, and BlackLine experience a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of SOX requirements and internal control standard methodologies
- Possess a curious, inquisitive spirit and foster an environment of continuous improvement
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs