Sr. Technical Accounting Manager at Vimeo
Vimeo’s Controllership organization is searching for a hardworking, passionate, and analytical Senior Technical Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a strong interest or background in the application of US GAAP, including a solid foundation in accounting analysis and ability to read and understand technical accounting guidance.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting and will be a critical part of Vimeo’s accounting team, providing subject matter expertise on a variety of complex topics and transactions. You will interact with teams throughout the company, including all functional areas of Accounting, Internal and External Auditors, SEC Reporting, Tax, FP&A, Human Resources, and Legal to support future business needs in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high-growth SaaS organization.
What you’ll do:
- Perform accounting analyses, draft memorandums, and provide technical accounting guidance on the following areas of US GAAP (not intended to be all inclusive): Revenue Recognition, Business Combinations, Consolidation, Stock-Based Compensation, Foreign Currency, Leases, and Internally Developed Software.
- Serve as an accounting subject matter expert when evaluating business proposals and contracts for key finance and accounting executives and management. You will help ensure worldwide compliance with and proper application of US GAAP, including developing and leading training and education sessions on US GAAP accounting requirements.
- Assist with financial and operational due diligence on potential acquisitions and assist with integration efforts for completed acquisitions.
- Manage and maintain documentation and calculations for key business issues (e.g., impairment assessments, preparation of accounting policies, etc.).
- Work closely with the financial reporting team to support the filing of quarterly and annual SEC filings and other periodic reports to ensure appropriate disclosures are made in accordance with US GAAP disclosure rules and requirements.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 8+ years of progressive experience within a technical accounting group including Big 4 Public Accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA
- Must be current on quarterly and annual U.S. GAAP and SEC financial reporting requirements
- Self-starter capable of working independently as well as working effectively as part of a team
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to different levels of the organization
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience with Workiva (Wdesk)
- Experience with Oracle Cloud (GL, FCCS, EPBCS)
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs