Staff Accountant, International Accounting at Vimeo
We are looking for a Staff Accountant, International Accounting to support our growing footprint around the world. This is a new position based in our headquarters in New York, NY. The successful candidate provides accounting and financial oversight for our international entities, and is primarily responsible for the completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of all financial reporting for multiple legal entities. This person will report to the Senior Manager, International Accounting and play a supporting role in partnership with Business Operations, Tax, Treasury, and Internal Audit. You must be a highly analytical, organized, and motivated individual with the desire to gain international leadership experience and champion the advancement of policies, structure, processes, and controls working in a dynamic and rapidly growing environment.
What you'll do:
- Assume responsibility for reporting monthly trial balances of all international entities. Review the mapping of monthly trial balances into Oracle to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare tax and fixed asset rollforwards to support monthly cash flow statement preparation.
- Prepare quarterly deliverables for Vimeo’s external reporting team in support of quarterly SEC filings.
- Prepare various account reconciliations and provide oversight on international entities to ensure adherence to US GAAP and Vimeo corporate policies.
- Provide income statement and balance sheet variance analyses related to the monthly accounting close, management review, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements.
- Develop streamlined and controlled processes to record and analyze monthly financial statements from international subsidiaries utilizing Oracle ERP, FCCS and EPBCS tools.
- Assist with interim review and year end audit requests from internal and external auditors on matters related to international accounting and reporting as well as assist with international regulatory compliance.
- International Financial Operations
- Partner with Tax and Treasury team in reviewing and booking transfer pricing journal entries.
- Reconcile intercompany balances and ensure intercompany agreement terms and settlements are paid accurately and timely.
- Collaborate with Tax and Treasury teams to meet day-to-day operational duties.
- Assist the Tax team with annual tax preparation packages acting as the key liaison with international tax reporting advisors.
Skills and knowledge you should posses:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in public accounting or a fast-growing company; experience working at a publicly traded company preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
- U.S. GAAP experience required, IFRS experience a plus
- Experience with general ledger function and the month-end close process, including account reconciliations and analyses
- The ability to work independently and follow tasks through to completion and meet commitments, proactively, seeking guidance as necessary.
- Ability to analyze financial statements/schedules and write commentary to explain results/variances in a concise and clear manner
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, ability to link information together and translate concepts into next steps and ideas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to continuous improvement focusing on streamlining and automating processes, driving change where necessary
- Ability to effectively work across teams and levels, both within the accounting function, and across functions, including tax, legal, operations and senior leadership
- Must be adaptable, able to multi-task and take on additional responsibilities as necessary while meeting strict deadlines
- Possesses energy, enthusiasm to drive results, action oriented
- Unwavering commitment to confidentiality and data protection.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (Advanced, Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP’s, Conditional formulas)
- Experience with Oracle cloud ERP/FCCS/EPBCS and Blackline a plus
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs