Datadog is a best-in-class SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. Built by engineers, for engineers, our monitoring and security platform is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack. We’re dedicated to creating, developing, and supporting our product and customers, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops, and Security teams globally. Come join the team for an exciting opportunity to learn from top-level leaders and colleagues and grow alongside the company as we rapidly expand.
Datadog's Finance team works with teams across the organization, providing commercial, operational and analytical support to ensure that Datadog's business continues to grow as rapidly and efficiently as possible.
Datadog is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant to become an essential part of the company’s rapidly growing team. This individual will be responsible for assisting in the monthly close process and in ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Participate in month-end close processes, such as preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Perform analytics over financial results to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial statements
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues as they occur in a timely manner
- Partner with other departments to understand and support business processes, ensure proper accounting, and resolve reconciling differences
- Work with FP&A and internal business partners to investigate and document fluctuations in budget to actual variances analyses
- Prepare quarterly disclosures for quarterly 10-Q/annual 10-K filings
- Prepare supporting documentation for quarterly reviews, annual audit, and SOX compliance
- Continuously seek ways to optimize existing accounting and business processes through use of automation, thoughtful analysis, and researching best practices in the industry
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and assist with special projects as needed
- Experienced in 1-2 years of accounting, preferably within a public company or Big 4
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- CPA (or on track to be certified) preferred
- Able to apply knowledge of US GAAP, with a general understanding of SOX
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines; able to multi-task
- Confidence, good judgment, self-motivated, energy and personality to work in a fast-paced environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies
- Experience working with Netsuite, Blackline, Workday HRM, Workday Adaptive, and/or Coupa
- SaaS or Technology industry experience
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Exciting environment to learn from a best in class global finance organization
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.