Staff Accountant at Rhino
Rhino is charging into the real estate space to unlock over $190 billion in cash security deposits. We are building products, like our affordable insurance policy, to put money back in renters' pockets.
As Staff Accountant at Rhino, you’ll join an accomplished team in a leadership role, helping us build the foundation of a company that is positioned to revolutionize the renting process.
In this role you will:
- Complete month-end process, consisting of bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliation, depreciation/amortization of fixed assets and prepaids, and properly accrue expenses.
- Facilitate period-end closings by ensuring the accurate and timely completion of all responsibilities.
- Process payables, cash receipts, cash disbursements, and general ledger functions.
- Prepare and post journal entries including yearly closing entries.
- Conduct research required for strategic team initiatives, special projects, and other special requests for accounting information.
- Perform various accounting, administrative, and other related duties as assigned and required by the role.
In terms of qualifications, we’re ideally seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a fast-paced environment with proven career progression.
- Understanding of accounting principles and ability to read financial statements.
- Experience with accounting software programs (Quickbooks Online, a plus).
- Skilled in using MS Excel.
- Obsessive attention to detail and follow-through.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, flexible, and able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.