Staff Accountant at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
As a Staff Accountant you will be working on all aspects of the general ledger and month-end close process. In addition to the day-to-day accounting responsibilities such as, account reconciliations and entering journal entires, you will be maintaining and proving detailed analysis of our expense accounts and owning our Pay-to-Procure process. There will also be opportunities to collaborate on complex special projects.What You'll Do
- Execute the monthly and annual financial close, including account reconciliations, entering journal entries, and maintaining accurate records and files
- Perform a detailed review of expense accounts for proper accruals, coding and accounting and will investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies and communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner
- Own the Procure to Pay process and ensure requisitions are made appropriately, approved and paid in a timely manner
- Review and process T&E reports in accordance with Justworks policies
- Recording cash movement transactions from financial institutions
- Assist with special projects, as needed
- Supporting external auditors as necessary
- Minimum 1-3 years of public accounting experience in Audit; Big 4 preferred
- We will also strongly consider a minimum of 1-3 years of accounting experience at another high-growth company
- Proficient in using MS Office suite, Netsuite, and SQL experience a plus
- Have a fundamental understanding of a full month-end close process
- Detail-oriented, Intelligent; Inquisitive
- Exhibits accountability and ownership
- Able to work without supervision and meet tight deadlines
- Interest in learning new processes and implementing the latest technology in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment