Bluecore is seeking a Staff Accountant to join the Accounting department in an exciting startup environment! This addition to the team will report to Bluecore’s Controller and be responsible for keeping our receivables current, producing accurate and timely reconciliations of assigned accounts, and maintaining compliance with US GAAP. This role will also participate in the monthly closing process and contribute to the annual audit to impact the success of the organization. This role is best suited for a high energy, hard-working, motivated individual seeking to constantly challenge themselves in a fast-paced growing SaaS startup!
- Review travel and expense reports and reimbursements
- Code and post credit card transactions, looking for ways to streamline processes
- Follow up with customers and post cash receipts
- Prepare and track all balance sheets reconciliations including prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accruals, etc.
- Enter vendor invoices and support procurement process
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests as needed
- Conduct accounting research to promote best practices
- Contribute to process improvement projects, including technology implementations, policy creation and assist with audit preparation
- Strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience is required
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required; CPA or CPA track preferred
- Understanding of accounting theory and GAAP
- Proficiency in Excel, able to handle pivot tables, v-lookups
- Excellent organizational skills with an emphasis on being detail oriented and results driven
- Ability to adapt efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment and excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of Netsuite and SaaS billing systems preferred
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- High degree of dedication to improvement, strong sense of ownership and ability to think “outside the box”
- Public accounting or SAAS experience is preferred
Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly discretionary reimbursement towards fitness, home office and/or Learning and Development opportunities
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
Bluecore is a marketing technology company that’s reimagining how the world’s fastest growing retail brands transform casual shoppers into lifetime customers. Through our patented retail data model and the recent release of Bluecore Communicate™ and Bluecore Site™, we replace manual processes with an intelligent, AI-driven workflow. We are credited with doubling email revenue, and increasing customer retention for more than 400 brands, including Express, Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, Teleflora, and Bass Pro Shops. We have been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.