The Property Management Accountant will serve as a key member of the property management accounting team. This role is perfect for an individual with keen attention to detail who is looking to join a rapidly growing start-up. We manage 50,000+ transactions a month across 6,000+ properties in the U.S. A successful candidate will be able to operate in a fast-paced, high volume environment. In this role, you will be responsible for working through a variety of accounting transactions between Great Jones, our customers, and their tenants.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts and provide applicable schedules as support to ensure accurate reporting
- Prepare and record necessary monthly accruals and recurring journal entries
- Participate in semi monthly vendor and owner payday
- Respond to tenant and owner inquiries (~40-50% of weekly hours)
- Special projects as assigned
- B.S. in Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a highly functioning accounting team
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel - pivot tables, formulas, V-lookups
- Experience working in Yardi or Rent Manager preferred but not required
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and detail oriented with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple work streams
- Must be able to work independently
- Have exceptional written and oral communication skills
About Great Jones:
Great Jones brings ease and performance to rental ownership and living, starting by reinventing property management for the several trillion (!) dollars in rental homes owned by small-scale investors.
We’re replacing an experience that has historically been heavily operational, low-tech, and stressful with one delivered through modern software, thoughtful experience design, real benefits of scale, and the right blend of local & centralized operations.
By providing a seamless, full-service experience for owners and residents, we aim to make ownership worry-free and more profitable for the 25 million Americans who own rental homes. In doing so, we become the operating system around our owners’ most valuable investments, as well as our residents’ homes.
And we’re doing this within an enormous addressable market, with highly attractive unit economics, where competition is deeply fragmented and notorious for subpar service.
We are growing rapidly with nationwide expansion on deck -- headquartered in Manhattan with on-the-ground operations in 20 markets across 9 states.
Our leadership team has built digital platforms and operational machines that have powered hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of transactions for marketplace businesses like 1stdibs, Skillshare, and Warby Parker.
We’ve raised over $30 million (including our recently closed Series B) from top investors including Crosslink Capital, Navitas Capital, Zigg Capital, Juxtapose, and top NYC angels & real estate entrepreneurs including Kevin Ryan, David Rosenblatt, and Jason Finger, who have founded or led companies such as Seamless, Gilt Groupe, MongoDB, DoubleClick, 1stdibs, Floored, and others.