Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
As the owner of all stock-related activities, the Stock Plan Administrator will play a key role in facilitating our equity plan, maintaining plan compliance and will act in close partnership with internal departments and external vendors. This position is fully remote and will report to our Director of Strategic Finance. Main responsibilities include:
- Manage equity grant process and required securities laws filings related thereto
- Maintain custom reports within vendors and Excel and perform complex reconciliations to review accuracy of equity and transaction data
- Administer equity plans, including processing RSU and option grants, online grant process, exercises and releases, cancellations, and terminations
- Partner with Legal, Accounting, HR, and Data Services to improve current processes and procedures
- Provide recommendations to further develop the stock administration function, including but not limited to streamlining manual processes, automating procedures and evaluating and implementing new systems
- Work closely with our Payroll Team on equity transaction reporting, such as tax withholding and adjustments for mobile employees and completing reconciliations
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations of all equity-related transactions, including maintenance of the stock plan reserves
- Assist with employee training on, and policies related to, the equity program
- Respond to inquiries and requests for information from executives, employees, investors, key stakeholders, internal and external auditors and regulators
- Provide reports for audit, tax, and legal/regulatory filing purposes (including all aspects of financial reporting as it relates to equity plans, i.e. 10Q, 10K, and annual proxy)
- Ongoing process improvements complying with SOX control requirements
- Support corporate governance processes including preparation of board and committee meeting agendas, presentations, resolutions, consents, minutes, and other materials
Requirements for the Role:
- 3+ years of experience within finance or legal services field as a Stock Plan Administrator (ideally for a publicly traded U.S. company)
- Strong academic background; Bachelor's degree required
- Proven track record of effectively collaborating with cross-functional groups (e.g., Finance, Legal, Accounting, Payroll, HR) and external legal service providers to drive meaningful results
- Experience a variety of stock plan products including Stock Options (ISO, NQSO, SAR), RSA, RSU, Performance Awards and ESPP plans; utilizing tools such as Carta, etc.
- Knowledge of ASC718 concepts (formerly FAS123R)
- Experience working directly with major third-party equity software systems and brokerage firms; Advanced analytical ability and advanced Excel skills
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and internal/external partners.
- Willingness to take initiative and be accountable
How We Define Success:
- Ownership of all aspects of stock related activities at the Company
- Effective management of the external and internal partnerships to ensure that the plan is operating in compliance with relevant rules and regulations and data is maintained in a complete and accurate manner
- Development and maintenance of repeatable processes surrounding the day to day management of the stock plan and required reporting
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Prior experience as a licensed broker (Series 7 and 63) preferred, Certified Equity Professional (CEP) preferred
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read: