Tax Director, International Tax at Peloton
The Peloton tax Team is looking for a skilled tax professional to join our in-house tax team. As a member of the Peloton Tax Team you will help mitigate tax risks and maximize tax opportunities by leveraging your tax experience and through collaboration with business stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have significant experience with international corporate tax compliance and transfer pricing matters. The Tax Director will report to the VP of Tax and will serve as a key leader on the Peloton Tax Team. The core responsibilities of the Tax Director will be to oversee (1) direct and indirect tax compliance for Peloton’s rest-of-world entities, (2) compliance with transfer pricing regulations, and (3) management of rest-of-world controversy matters.
The Peloton Tax Team strives to be a best-in-class team that provides our business stakeholders with top tier tax support. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a creative problem solver, and highly organized. The candidate should thrive in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for candidates who have held tax positions in public companies, or with a tax consulting firm serving Fortune 500 clients for 10+ years.
The successful candidate will have significant experience with oversight of international corporate tax compliance and reporting obligations including transfer pricing. The Tax Director will be expected to ensure accurate and timely filings for our rest-of-world entities. The successful candidate will have experience supporting global tax planning initiatives and experience navigating global transfer pricing complexities.
Responsibilities and Required Experience:
- International tax reporting and compliance (direct & indirect)
- Review of rest-of-world income tax returns
- Preparation and review of international tax payments
- Development of economically supportable transfer pricing policies
- Oversight and management of transfer pricing reporting and documentation requirements
- Development and implementation of policies, procedures, and systems for monitoring intercompany tax transactions
- Transfer pricing disputes management including, examinations, appeals, arbitration, advance pricing agreements, and the competent authority process
- Rest of world controversy/audit management (direct & indirect)
- Experience collaborating with a team of skilled tax professionals
- Experience training, developing, and fostering professional growth among a team
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related field
- At least 10 years working in the corporate tax function at a publicly traded company and/or a tax advisory firm
- CPA, MBA, and/or JD (with Tax concentration)
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
“Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.