Tax Director at Riskified
Riskified is the AI platform powering the eCommerce revolution. We use cutting-edge technology, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to identify legitimate customers and keep them moving toward checkout. Merchants use Riskified to increase revenue, prevent fraud, and eliminate customer friction. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including Wayfair, Wish, Peloton, and many more. We're privately funded and VC backed, and our recent Series E round raised $165 million with a valuation in excess of $1 billion.About the Role
Riskified’s Finance team is hiring a Tax Director to join our fast-growing NY startup. In this role, you will be responsible for leading all global tax strategy and tax accounting aspects. This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful and growing company, work on strategic financial information, provide guidance about the company's tax matters, and assist leadership in making informed operational and strategic decisions. We’re looking for a highly motivated person who wants to make a significant impact and join a dynamic, cross-functional team.What You'll Be Doing
- Lead all global tax strategy and compliance aspects
- Oversee and coordinate the preparation and filing of tax returns in all global operational jurisdictions as well as oversight of VAT, indirect taxes, sales tax, and other tax considerations
- Manage global transfer pricing arrangements and tax aspects of intercompany arrangements
- Prepare and oversee income taxes under US GAAP, including coordination and review of the consolidated quarterly and annual income tax provision under ASC 740
- Monitor non-standard transactions. Liaise with internal teams and external advisors to ensure tax compliance
- Build and improve group global tax policies and procedures
- Maintain a tax calendar to assure timely filing of federal, state and international tax returns and required tax payments
- Monitor legislative changes in foreign tax laws that may impact our tax positions, including tax accounting implications
- Build collaborative relationships across the finance team and other stakeholders within the company, educate and mentor others
- 8+ years of international and corporate tax experience in public accounting and/or high-tech industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Tax related discipline
- Knowledge of US GAAP tax accounting especially with regards to public company reporting requirements (ASC 740)
- Demonstrated extensive corporate tax knowledge. Able to identify issues, analyze and interpret relevant tax laws when handling complex subject matters
- Experience with US tax regime (federal, state, sales tax)
- Excellent management and leadership skills, with the ability to leverage, coach and motivate others
- Working knowledge of company policies, local laws, government regulations that pertain to all company-wide initiatives
- Able to conduct research, work Independently and manage large scale projects with accuracy and great attention to detail
We are a fast-growing and dynamic startup with 600+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
- Our NYC team is currently working remotely. If anyone prefers to work in our office, we’re happy to offer an option to do so safely.
- When the situation improves, we’re looking forward to adapting a hybrid of remote and in-office work for all our team members.
- We’re growing at a rapid rate and have transitioned all our interviews to Zoom.
Some of our NYC Benefits & Perks:
- Fully-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance from your first day
- Stock options for all employees, 401(k) + matching, commuter benefits
- Catered lunch, fully-stocked kitchen, team events, happy hours, birthday celebrations
- Yoga, pilates, soccer league, wellness classes
- Wide-ranging opportunities to volunteer and make an impact in local communities
- Commitment to your professional development with global onboarding, sales bootcamp, skills-based courses, full access to Udemy, lunch & learns
- Awesome Riskified gifts and swag!
Fortune Magazine: 25 Best Workplaces in New York
Announcing Riskified's $165M Funding Round
Inc Magazine: Best Workplaces
Built In NYC: 100 Best Workplaces
TechCrunch: Riskified Prevents Fraud on Your Favorite eCommerce Site
Calcalist: Riskified is the Most Promising Startup
Riskified is deeply committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.