Tax Information Reporting Manager at DoorDash
DoorDash is looking for a Tax Information Reporting Manager to join its tax function. This role will be a key contributor to the Tax Team and will be responsible for various tax information reporting such as 1099. You will be reporting to the Head of Tax.
As DoorDash continues to grow its global footprint across multiple business lines, we are looking for a candidate with a proven track record of project management who will support and grow our unique social community via your strong technical tax knowledge and relationship building skills with cross-functional teams.
DoorDash is creating a world-class tax team. Thinking outside of the box and providing creative solutions are given more than lip-service. The answers are always right at your finger-tips with the amazing and supportive finance, operations, product and accounting teams around you. This is the development opportunity for the right individual.About the Role
In addition to filing returns and working audits, you will be charged with helping to establish the tax information reporting function for a growth company. The tax team will engage across teams and work jointly on solving unique tax situations in all arenas of taxation.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Assist with annual information reporting compliance data gathering, file preparations and uploads to ensure timely distribution of forms, including but limited to Forms 1099-K, 1099-MISC, FBAR.
- Assist with foreign information reporting compliance, such as Australia TPAR, Puerto Rico Form 480.6SP, etc.
- Oversee and track the processes for compliance events (B Notice, 972CG) - generate and issue timely compliance letters, track responses received, review and compile inventory tracking status for action upon deadline and post deadline
- Respond, in a timely fashion, to Support inquiries from customers as they relate to tax information reporting and guide cross-functional teams to resolution
- Work with Dasher team and Merchant team on regular customer communications and update accurate tax information as needed.
- Assist with tax information reporting software implementation
- Be responsible for technical tax research for all areas of tax information reporting
- Assist with ad hoc requests and projects as necessary
- 8+ years of experience directly in tax informational reporting with focus on 1099 reporting- in financial services or shared economy company would be a plus
- Solid understanding of U.S. tax rules and associated exposures around information reporting
- Tax audit experience in areas of Information Reporting
- Experience with Tax Information Reporting software implementation
- Excellent time-management skills
- Strong attention to detail and analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills; as well as, an ability to work well within a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize various work projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additional (Preferred) Qualifications:
- CPA and/or MS in Tax
- An interest and background in data mining, sorting/searching and formatting for tax reporting purposes
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.