Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. That’s why so many companies choose OwnBackup, the #1 cloud data protection platform on the Salesforce AppExchange and global leader in SaaS data protection. With nearly 4,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised nearly $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
OwnBackup is seeking a highly qualified and motivated VP of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A). This role will help design and manage the company’s annual business planning process, provide decision support through developing & monitoring company-wide metrics, and drive strategic initiatives. Reporting to the CFO, the ideal candidate possesses strong financial planning and analysis experience in a multidivisional, global environment and seeks the challenge of working with a growing, dynamic organization.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Budgeting, Forecasting & Analysis
- Develop and implement an integrated business planning process (including long term planning, annual budgeting, and forecasting) to ensure all stakeholders contribute to the plan and assumptions are appropriately documented
- Ensure the rolling forecast model and budget accurately reflects the operational assumptions of the leadership team
- Regularly provide the leadership team with a rolling monthly forecast with actuals, along with variance analysis and explanations
- Run scenario analysis using the forecasting model
- Evaluate performance to plan and deliver insightful analytics to accelerate executive-level decision making
- Assist department leaders in the development and monitoring of their respective budgets
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses, and capital expenditures highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances
- Assist department heads with resource planning, including forecasting the demand for resources, planning for needs, and maximizing the productivity of existing project resources
- Evaluate proposed investments and the budgeting and reporting of capital expenditures across the company
- Ensure key business performance risks, issues, and opportunities are highlighted to management
- Work with the management team to build and implement systems, processes, and reports that enhance the quality and availability of financial information and operational metrics
- Help improve upon current tools and processes for tracking, organizing, and communicating information, e.g., better ROI and LoE estimates, improved risk assessment, analysis of historical data, centralized project knowledge base, etc.
- Drive finance requirements into core systems across the company
- Provide benchmarking analysis against market data, industry standards, and peer groups
- Manage board and shareholder materials. Responsible for coordinating business unit contributions, reviewing and challenging actual vs forecast analysis provided, and assisting in ensuring clear messages are communicated
- Provide analysis, models, and presentations to other external stakeholders, including lenders, shareholders, investors, etc.
- Assist management team in project prioritization, i.e., development of business cases, evaluation against strategic criteria, risk assessment, etc.
- Work in conjunction with the corporate development team to evaluate new investment opportunities and acquisitions by standardizing methodologies for analysis
- Work with CFO in other areas with special projects as required
- 5-10 years of budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling experience
- 3-5 years within the FP&A function at a fast-growing, multi-divisional, international company
- Experience in SaaS, PaaS, and technology-based business required
- Highly analytical with the ability to translate large amounts of data and information into strategic and actionable insights and business recommendations
- Experience with CRM, BI tools, and enterprise accounting systems NetSuite, Salesforce, etc.
- Proven ability to work with and lead cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MBA, CFA, investment banking, a public company, and international experience is highly preferred
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customizes the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues in-person.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we’ve experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.