Kinnek is the champion for small businesses. Our mission is to build a single platform for small businesses that makes discovering, transacting and interacting with suppliers more powerful, more trustworthy and easier than ever before.
The General Manager role is one of the most impactful roles at Kinnek. It calls for a combination of strategic vision, analytical rigor, operational talent, and exceptional leadership skill. The GM will be leading our Market Expansion team to make Kinnek win in a broad set of industry verticals, new and existing.
As GM, you will be a key stakeholder in the leadership and execution of our growth and expansion efforts. You will be responsible for industry & user research, for target vertical selection & prioritization, and for creating, implementing and iterating on strategies that will take Kinnek from initial roll-out, to growth, and maturity in selected verticals. This is a mission driven growth role, one that not only involves research on new and existing verticals, but also an in-depth understanding of the buyer/supplier dynamics of marketplace operations, coordination across a variety of teams and groups internally, and laying the foundation for rapid acceleration of growth in our platform.
- Lead the market management team to grow transacted GMV and engaged users within established target lists
- Gain deep understanding of each vertical that Kinnek operates in and will want to operate in in the future, including market dynamics, user characteristics, and purchasing behaviors
- Segment and prioritize verticals and users to target based on this understanding
- Develop, implement, and improve our strategic growth plan specific to the unique dynamics of each vertical
- Coordinate across internal teams to carry out this growth plan
- Own the P&L for target verticals. Do whatever it takes to make Kinnek win
- Develop this winning strategy into a scalable process that can be implemented by a team of market managers in the future
- Degree from Top Tier University; MBA preferred
- 7+ years managing the building, growth or expansion of a product, organization, channel, industry, vertical or business
- A leader who relishes at the chance to both be strategic and get his/her hands dirty with implementation
- Possess a can-do attitude and the energy to hustle in a startup environment where processes are constantly changing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong quantitative and data-related skills - you are intense about your use of data within decision making
- Ability to influence and coordinate between many functional teams to make sure everyone’s working in sync and marching the same direction
- A passion for transforming the way SMBs do business
- Driver of results
- Strategic agility
- Innovation Management and Intellectual Horsepower
- Quality Decision maker with Command Skills and Strong Customer Focus