HR Business Partner
About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
This individual will assist the SVP in leading the Chicago HR strategy and collaborate closely with other HR Business Partner team members. The ideal candidate will be a true business partner that will proactively collaborate with leaders in the development and implementation of HR to optimize talent, process and culture.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Ability to collaborate with senior leadership in designing and facilitating talent planning process that ensures business continuity and helps to achieve talent goals
- Proficient in assessing and developing competencies and standards for leaders at all levels of the organization and overseeing the delivery of leadership development programs enterprise-wide
- Ability to support Grubhub’s business and people strategies through the creation of people development programs and processes that leverage employees’ unique talents and motivate their sustained commitment to Grubhub’s success
- Ability to translate business strategies into talent development opportunities through a stable curriculum that will meet Grubhub’s ongoing business needs
- Experience leading large scale cultural change in a highly complex organization undergoing a significant transformation
- Ability to be comfortable and effective in a fast-paced and solidly matrixed organizational environment that is both consensus- and mission-driven
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a hands-on manner, adjusting to issues as needed in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to prioritize and effectively anticipate and respond to issues as they arise
You Should Have
- Minimum qualifications include a BA or BS degree
- Progressive Human Resources experience, preferably in a high growth technology company
- Proven expertise in developing strategic partnerships with senior management and influencing key business decisions
- Demonstrated ability to manage human resources at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Intellectual acumen, sound judgment, professional and personal integrity, initiative and flexibility, combined with solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Assertive, high energy, independent, results-oriented demeanor and a strong drive to succeed
- Ability to travel - 25-30%
Got These? Even Better:
- MBA or Master’s degree a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.