Do you feel passionately about ensuring your clients have a top-notch benefits experience? Are others impressed with your depth of expertise about employee benefits and your gift for teaching others about them? At Namely, we’re hiring a Benefits Analyst to help elevate and empower clients who have selected Namely as their benefits broker of record.
As a Benefits Analyst, you will work with Namely benefits clients by supporting Benefit Consultants in delivering benefit consulting services. In the role, you’ll be exposed to a wide range of benefit-related projects whose completion drives a more positive client experience. The work done by you as a Benefits Analyst will help build your foundation for a career in Benefits Consulting, and will help you build and nurture direct relationships with clients, carriers, and other individuals both inside and outside Namely’s walls.
- Provide support to Benefit Consultants in preparing and presenting client deliverables, such as RFP results, strategic planning presentations, employee-facing benefit guides, and open enrollment presentations
- Use MS Excel to turn data from Namely & carriers into meaningful, actionable exhibits
- Conduct plan document & benefit summary review following benefit renewal
- Serve as client’s first point-of-contact for urgent claims and eligibility items (For example, confirming employee benefit coverage or ID card availability same-day)
- Interact regularly with insurance carrier representatives
- Periodically attend & present at on-site client open enrollment meetings
- Conduct periodic enrollment audits to ensure that client enrollments on Namely match enrollment records with insurance carriers
- Translate client benefit plan decisions into configuration data used by the Namely Professional Services Team to enable successful benefit plan configuration on Namely benefit administration system
- Maintain & continually improve well-documented & clear process records, applicable to assigned clients and to broader team processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of prior work experience
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Well-developed communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel & use of basic lookup formulas and pivot tables
- Ability to handle multiple deliverables at once and prioritize workload
Nice to Have
- Interest in and/or prior experience in the insurance industry
- Experience working at an insurance carrier
- Experience in using Salesforce.com & Atlassian JIRA project management system
- Basic understanding of common benefit plan features
- Insurance producer’s license (required if analyst ultimately works to move into Benefit Consultant role)
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.