Benefits Consultant at Namely
Are you a creative health insurance pro? Do you love collaborating across teams to support clients? Do you bring your analytical eye to lead projects efficiently and present compelling solutions?
At Namely, we’re looking for a Benefits Consultant to contribute their expertise to the Benefits arm of our business. As a Benefits Consultant, you will be responsible for working directly with clients who use our benefits brokerage product, owning a book of clients, and also supporting our team of Senior Benefits Consultants. This includes assisting clients with benefit education, benefit plan renewals, benefit evaluation and implementation, benefit project management, ensuring day-to-day program operational excellence and delivering an overall positive experience for brokerage clients. You will need to have a demonstrable track record of success in a client-facing role and managing benefits-related projects.
- Support ongoing ACA compliance & education initiatives
- Partner with clients to identify their needs, communicating those needs to our internal team as needed
- Work directly with insurance carrier representatives to establish and improve industry relationships
- Participate in Namely prospect or client presentations
- Develop employee-facing communication materials for clients
- Review client employee benefits-related communications content
- Conduct benefit comparison analyses for our existing clients to develop competitive proposals
- Assist clients with inbound support related to eligibility, claims, and billing issue resolution
- Actively participate in client strategy discussions as needed
- Manage client benefits program implementation and the annual client benefits renewal process
- Partner with insurance carriers to negotiate renewals
- Develop and provide clients with employee benefit education sessions
- Assist our implementation team in the review and accurate implementation of benefit programs on our benefit administration platform
- Always improve / develop personal skills, & search for ways to improve the client experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Life & Health Insurance Producer license
- At least 2 years of related experience in client service, business development, and/or client relationship building
- Excellent understanding of ACA compliance and future trends
- Knowledge of insurance products, bid preparation and analysis, and claim resolution
- Knowledge of small-group insurance market is helpful
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask
- Ability to communicate and work across client organizations
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and accountability
- Troubleshooting skills, with creative ability to overcome challenges and problem-solve
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand client needs and deliver results under tight deadlines
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.