Benefits Lead at Flatiron Health
We are seeking a results-oriented Benefits Lead to join our People Operations team to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you can expect to be responsible for delivering benefits for Flatiron, with an emphasis on attracting, retaining and rewarding employees while maintaining market competitiveness. The Benefits Lead will work in close partnership with the People Operations team, clients and colleagues to ensure that all programs support the growth and evolution of the business.
- Create, own and communicate processes, policies and programs to support People Operations including employee benefits administration (health, welfare and retirement), leave management, and benefits system administration
- Provide input and partner with stakeholders to develop and deliver a comprehensive, competitive benefits programs in alignment with the company’s objectives, initiatives and budget guidelines
- Administer day-to-day benefits programs including monitoring the [email protected] inbox, conducting new hire orientation, responding to plan and program questions from People Operations team and employees
- Oversee the annual benefits open enrollment process, including partnering and negotiating with external vendors, preparing communications for employees, and working with the broader People Operations team
- Responsible for the 401(k) plan design, administration, documentation, audits, filings, and communication to employees
- Responsible for the leave management program, administration, documentation, and communication to employees
- Recommend and implement changes to current plans and policies to stay current with trends and benchmarked competitors; participate in benefits surveys
- Provides reports, documentation, and filings to be compliant on all benefits related regulations; ensures proper record keeping and employee files
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects across the team as needed
Who You Are
- You are a collaborative team player with a “can do attitude”, with the ability to forge great relationships both within and outside the People team
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree with 6+ years work experience, ideally in benefits
- You have expertise in benefits plan design, benchmarking, and understanding of all pertinent regulations
- You are a highly organized person with project management abilities, and excellent attention to detail; you thrive on getting things done both quickly and accurately
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, as well as verbal and written communication, including presenting to senior leadership
- You enjoy a “roll up your sleeves” environment and are comfortable problem solving and working with ambiguity in a fast-paced, complex and challenging workplace
- You have demonstrated experience in managing HR processes and programs and coordinating across an HRIS. HRIS systems design, test and delivery exposure preferred
- You have public company experience
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.