Chief People Officer at <intent>
<intent> isn’t your usual company. We are powered by the premise that every person at <intent> is unique and possesses a distinct set of skills, personality, and passions. We embrace our collective talents to tackle technical challenges, refine our disruptive business ideas, and co-create one of the most human and inspiring work cultures out there. We are a team of collaborators who value and reward shared success over individual heroics.
We’re pursuing ambitious business goals that will make a lasting impact on e-commerce and we’re looking for an ambitious, progressive, roll-up-your-sleeves Chief People Officer to join our team to help us get there. Reporting to our Co-founder and President, this person will be a member of the senior leadership team and will own all the people functions that support our fast-paced growth. This role is based in our NYC HQ with additional oversight of our London office and remote employees.
We’re looking for someone who will leave a lasting impact. The most successful candidates will have honed their expertise through their past leadership of a people function at a rapidly scaling technology company, with a global footprint, and >$100MM in revenues.
What you will do: architect, build and deliver the next generation of people strategies for <intent>
- Business as usual:
- Build and execute talent roadmap. Partner with our senior leaders to define and execute on near- and long-term talent strategy and goals necessary to attract, develop and retain world class talent internationally.
- Build a culture of learning and continuous feedback. Ensure that developmentally focused conversations are the oxygen flowing throughout the entire organization. Support the People Team to deliver programs, tools and experiences that engage and inspire our team at all levels and that drive a culture of learning and accountability.
- Protect and enhance our cultural DNA. Ensure that all decisions, programs, and processes are infused with our values.
- Drive organizational excellence. Develop and empower our leaders to take accountability for the People needs and challenges within their teams, to create high-performing teams that deliver outstanding results and to embody and model our culture every day.
- Oversee a small but mighty team. Lead, collaborate with and mentor the talented People & Culture team who are responsible for People Operations, Employee Relations, Learning & Development, Recruitment and Employee Experience.
- Critical initiatives and projects
- Drive organizational design strategies to support our next stage of growth. With key members of the executive team, provide thought leadership and advise on effective organizational design best practices across sales teams, technology teams, and remote teams.
- Develop and implement key sales incentives. Partner with our Chief Sales Officer and CFO to develop an effective incentive program for our growing SaaS sales force.
- Support and advise on international expansion. Drive critical processes and programs that support close working relationships, keep the lines of communication open and successfully integrate our culture between multiple locations and remote team members.
- Make <intent> the employer of choice. Strategize with our talent and marketing teams to elevate our employer brand and reputation to attract world-class talent.
- You know and love the growth-stage life. You are a proven leader and human resources executive with a minimum of 10+ years’ experience in a progressive People role, preferably in a high-growth, VC-backed SaaS company. You embrace the adventure and are comfortable operating with constraints and ambiguity while leading organizations through change and scaling efforts. In essence, you’ve done this before and are energized by bringing your expertise to <intent> where you’ll help us navigate the challenges of a growing company.
- You're a people person. You operate with a human first mentality in all aspects of your work, understanding that diverse perspectives lead to better outcomes. Your high degree of emotional intelligence allows you to use influence - not authority - to get the best out of others. And you have an innate talent for easily gaining trust building to build strong relationships.
- You know how to make remote teams successful. Not only have you successfully opened domestic and international offices, you’re fully versed in how to unleash their potential and make them just as productive as HQ.
- You are an expert in total rewards. You know what makes people tick and you know how to motivate them to bring their ‘A’ game every day. Whether it’s multi-year compensation planning, incentivizing sales teams, or equity planning, you have demonstrated experience that will help <intent> keep up with market trends to keep our talented team engaged.
- You are an inspirational communicator. You can command the attention of an audience, both technical and non-technical, and craft and deliver messages that gain support across all levels of the organization.
- You are the picture of persistence. You demonstrate tenacity, resilience, conviction and are willing to go the distance to get something done.
- You are proactive and strategic. You act without waiting to be told what is needed and are comfortable and excited to propose new ideas and initiatives to many different audiences, including our senior management team.
- You are efficient and effective. You produce significant output with minimal fanfare or hand wringing. You do not let important details fall through the cracks.
- You are agile, decisive and confident. You are able to move quickly and take a forceful stand without being abrasive.
- You are a natural coach and mentor. You like interacting with and supporting people. You know how to listen and give constructive feedback, helping people at all levels move from goal to outcome in a developmental way. One of your strengths is the ability to guide discussions to resolution and mitigate conflict.
- You know your scales cold but you love to improvise. You have strong command of HR best practices and industry trends. You have solid experience managing a ‘full stack’ People/Talent operation, but your thinking is adaptive and contextual.
<intent> is the data science company for the world’s leading online commerce and travel brands. Our Predictive Intelligence Platform uses patented technology to predict user behavior in real-time and identify the future value of every user. Over 450 innovative brands from more than 40 countries trust Intent’s real-time predictions to deliver personalized user experiences that maximize utility and ROI.
Our team is over 100 people and our offices span globally. We’re headquartered in NYC with locations in London, Kuala Lumpur, and Sao Paulo.
Every day, we’re inspired by two pursuits. First, we’re building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, we’re building the company we’ve always wanted to work for — one that’s open, human and collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas and get things done. We’re included on Built in NYC's Best Places to Work list and have been on Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC list for seven years running.
Love Your Job!
Our employees enjoy coming to work, and we let them know they're valued.
Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously.
We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, and so our flat structure and open communication invite innovation from all levels — ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation, stock options, and great perks & benefits, including:
- Flexible paid time off
- A generous parental leave policy
- A beautiful, dog-friendly office in SoHo with drinks and snacks
- An open environment with lots of natural light
- Annual $2,000 learning budget and Citi Bike membership
- Access to Fond, our employee perks program featuring deals and discounts on hundreds of products and services
- Access to Sherpaa, a telehealth service with 24/7 support
- Company-wide social events, and more!
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks! You can learn more about us at: