Director, Human Resources
Unqork is an enterprise software company with a no-code platform that digitizes the entire client lifecycle and eliminates dependence on paper for financial services and insurance companies. The company’s patent-pending technology uses AI and machine transcription for risk assessment and digitization, utilizing each client’s existing product and underwriting rules, layered on top of legacy IT systems. The software-as-a-service (SaaS) technology creates custom client onboarding and servicing forms using a drag-and-drop interface which can be implemented within weeks instead of months – unlike most hard-coded technology builds. The result is an easy to use and streamlined front-end agent and consumer experience that significantly reduces operational costs and eliminates errors while accelerating sales and business growth.
Some of the world’s largest insurance and financial companies use Unqork to define new business rules and deploy products/applications seamlessly and effortlessly without relying on costly development and maintenance of a code base. Gary Hoberman, former CIO of Metlife, founded Unqork in 2017 with a team of hand-picked industry professionals and has created an ‘elegant paradigm shift’ in the way insurance and financial companies are able to operate.
Our technology is great, but our team is what makes Unqork world-class. We seek atypical individuals who are excited to tackle massive problems at scale.
What you’ll do:
As the founding member of the HR team, you’ll partner with the senior leadership team and Talent Acquisition team to build out the Human Resources function (and team) at Unqork. You will partner with the COO and Director of Talent Acquisition to strategically plan and execute on HR initiatives that help Unqork grow and maintain a people-first approach.
Additionally, you’ll be expected to:
- Build and implement a company-wide performance management system that recognizes and rewards high performers
- Collaborate with the leadership team on organizational design: scope out role definitions and levels that define growth paths, determine market competitive compensation ranges for levels, and reporting structures
- Assess, add, and improve on our existing benefits to stay market competitive
- Build on our existing onboarding processes to ensure new hires have everything they need to be successful in their new role
- Grow and develop an HR team to keep up with the company’s growth
- Partner with Talent Acquisition team on diversity and inclusion initiatives that continue to attract great people to Unqork
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of HR generalist experience within a SaaS or technology company
- A track record of building HR policies and procedures at a fast-growing company
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously while ensuring key clients and HR colleagues are looped in or consulted as necessary.
- Ability to develop and implement innovative HR strategies in support of organizational and operational goals.
- Familiarity working in a fast-paced and evolving environment of a tech startup
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.