Director, Organizational Development & Talent Acquisition at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about uncovering what excites people about their work and using that knowledge to successfully match them with the right DigitalOcean teams so they can do their best work.
In this role you will report to the Chief People Officer and lead our Talent pillar of the People Team, overseeing the Organizational Development and Talent Acquisition functions. With an increased focus on building a best-in-class, diverse, and inclusive workforce, we are rapidly expanding our talent strategies and related offerings.
You will be responsible for evolving our Org Dev function, overseeing the design and delivery of performance and talent management programs to our highly distributed workforce. This critical role also helps to support and manage change, and improve performance at all levels in our high growth business. At DO, we know that career growth and development are primary drivers of engagement and retention and are integral to our company’s success. We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating programs that catalyze growth and maximize performance, partnered with a highly engaged People Team.
On the TA side, you will have a team of tenured recruiters, focused on recruiting and hiring mission-driven, values based, accomplished talent who place a high regard on technical expertise, simplicity, and a deep understanding of the developer community. You will create and implement the 2021 onward strategy for talent acquisition, focusing on employer branding, candidate experience, interviewer effectiveness, diversity hiring, internship programs, hiring metrics, sourcing strategies, tech conferences, and more. You will serve as a leader who is passionate about talent acquisition and mentoring a recruiting team.What You'll Be Doing:
Organizational Design & Development
- Driving best in class individual, team and organizational development strategies and fostering a learning environment through varied L&D and talent management programs
- Establishing programs for performance management, talent management, and succession planning methods and processes
- Redefining career paths and competency guides for a rapidly scaling, highly distributed and remote population, and helping establish new ways of defining career development
- Establishing curriculum and development programs for front line employees through senior leadership, and delivering content as needed
- Providing thought leadership in organization design and change management methods and highly effective engagement approaches as we scale and grow
- Ensuring our people are developing and growing, advancing within the company to new and/or expanded roles. Guiding the assessment of future-ready roles and the development of high performers ready to assume them.
Talent Acquisition Strategy
- Design, develop, communicate and implement an integrated staffing strategy (internal and external) and talent tracking process, with an emphasis on talent pipeline and feeder pool development to ensure meeting future workforce needs.
- Oversee the design and implementation of external candidate marketing and proactive recruiting programs and processes that attract, select and retain a qualified, diverse workforce through cutting edge technology and effective use of all social networking tools, as well as traditional sourcing techniques. We want to make sure the DigitalOcean employment brand is front and center for all candidates, and always top of mind for them.
- Develop and implement creative external/internal strategic programs to strengthen our ability to attract, assess, select and integrate an optimal blend of skills across all functional areas and deliver the desired results for premiere talent.
- Build a data-enabled Talent Acquisition function to ensure the measurement and achievement of key hiring targets－including cost per hire, hiring cycle time, quality of hire, turnover, competitive hiring measures, and new hire engagement measures.
- 10+ years of substantial success, and true passion leading and building talent functions for an organization in hyper growth mode and/or start-up mode
- Creative and innovative thought leader who cares about driving DigitalOcean’s employment brand and employee experience as the best place to work for top technical talent
- Possess impeccable process and best practices in all areas of talent strategy and design while still staying culture focused
- Directly related experience in developing and leading innovative learning, development, performance management and organizational effectiveness programs both across an organization and for high performers
- Experience designing and delivering leadership training programs; proven ability to measure success and ROI
- A growth mindset and demonstrated success developing strategies, programs, and tactics designed to grow and retain a best-in-class workforce
- Experience in designing and implementing workshops and materials that are engaging and effective in increasing comprehension, retention and application of new skills
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our People team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!