Director of Talent Acquisition at Fundera
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:50 a.m. (EST) on Saturday, December 7, 2019
Here’s the thing—we hate traditional job descriptions. In our experience, they’re a terrible representation of what a job really entails and never paint a true picture of what it’s like to work at an organization.
That’s why, at Fundera, we do things differently. Instead of presenting you with some run-of-the-mill job description, we offer potential candidates our Job Spotlights. This gives us a chance to tell you the story of us, why you should work here, and what the role is really like.
Who’s Fundera and Why Should I Care?
Fundera is the go-to financial resource for small businesses. We’re here to help entrepreneurs achieve their financial goals and grow businesses as big as their aspirations.
As a catalyst for smart financial decisions, our combination of proprietary technology and financial expertise provides business owners with tailored solutions based on their unique needs and eligibility—helping them prosper, create more jobs, and, ultimately, grow the economy.
Armed with one of the most experienced and passionate leadership teams in the business and backed by the industry’s leading investors, we’ve made a big impact on Main Street in just a short amount of time (Fundera launched in 2014 and has helped 35,000+ small businesses find their best financial solutions and secure over $1 billion in funding).
We’re experiencing massive growth year over year, and our impact on America’s job creators grows with us. We’re looking to further our impact and need incredible, ambitious, mission-oriented people to get there.
If you want to make a difference, if you want to create a workplace and life you love, and if you want to learn more and grow faster than you will at any other point in your career, you should keep reading.
What Is It Like to Work Here?
The easiest way to answer this is to check out our great rating on Glassdoor, take a deep dive into a few of our employee profiles, or look into some of our recent awards, like Crain’s Best Places to Work. Also, don’t forget to peep our Instagram.
For more detail, though, here are a few of our favorite things:
1. We want people who elevate the game - and offer meaningful equity in our fast-growing company to compensate for top performers.
2. We offer generous medical, dental, and vision insurance—you shouldn’t have to stress about your health. (And less stress makes you healthier, right?!)
3. Yes, your Fundera family is very important, but yours at home matters most. That’s why we offer incredibly generous maternity and paternity leave, have a family-friendly office, and love nothing more than seeing our Fundera kiddos at company events and socials.
4. Everybody needs a little R&R—but we want our team to have more than just a little. You’ll get flexible PTO and we mean legitimately flexible PTO.
5. We sponsor regular catered lunches with really cool speakers (like the founders of Birchbox, CityRow, and Percolate). We also regularly host company happy hours, and other events such as employee-led trivia and visits to customers. It’s important to bring our team together as much as possible.
6. Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture. Whether that means regular all-hands meetings, board decks circulated every month, or a highly accessible leadership team, we’re all stakeholders in this company and never forget that.
Ultimately, at Fundera, you get to come to work with a group of supportive, talented, ambitious individuals who will teach you something new every day, whilst building a product that will truly and actually change the lives of America’s small businesses and job creators. We think it’s pretty cool, and think you will, too.
Is This Role Right for Me?
We are looking for a Director of Recruiting who will lead a team of recruiters and coordinators, partnering to deliver high-quality talent across multiple business functions within Fundera. You would be responsible for optimizing the recruitment team structure and processes, growing the capabilities of the team, continuing to build a unique employment brand and an engaging candidate experience. Reporting to the VP of People, this role functions as a strategic talent acquisition partner, not an Individual Contributor.
As our Director of Recruiting, You’ll Get to...
- Develop and execute on a recruitment strategy (by leveraging team of recruiters), including key sourcing channels, branding initiatives, achieving the optimal mix of internal and external resources, and optimizing recruiting marketing channels, etc. in order to fill 30-40 quarterly hires across sales, technical, and non-technical roles.
- Manage, lead, mentor and develop a team of high performing recruitment professionals to align with business delivery needs
- Establish strong relationships with hiring managers, and various stakeholders to be a true partner
- Create and enforce recruitment and workforce strategies, ensuring best-in class practices.
- Develop and maintain analytics to track effectiveness of sources, interviewers, process, and optimize for time, cost, and quality of hire.
- Collaborate with Finance, People Team, and other business leaders as needed to create a hiring plan that supports current needs as well as pipelining over 6-18 months ahead.
- You and your team will build robust “always-on” talent pipelines that tap into targeted universities, companies, regions and technical communities, and maintain relationships with them quarterly.
- Be an ambassador of the company
- Collaborate on recruitment branding efforts to help attract top talent, such as speaking engagements, career fairs/events, meet-ups, writing articles, etc.
We’re Looking for People Who Have...
- In-house talent acquisition / recruiting experience required, specifically managing talent acquisition.
- 7 plus years of professional experience that includes 3 years leading talent acquisition in a fast-growing/scaling organization
- Working knowledge of diversity best practices and implementation of diversity strategy into the company recruiting processes that drives results in this area
- Ability to get things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Ability to problem solve through communication, cross-team collaboration, and strategic thinking.
- Pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Highly collaborative with people with the ability to build relationships quickly
What Should I Do If I’m Interested?
If working at Fundera gets you excited, we want to hear from you, regardless of whether you think this role is a fit. If you think you’ve got the relevant experience, apply to be our Director of Recruiting.
DISCLAIMER: Fundera does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters. Fundera is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except pursuant to written agreements with Fundera and authorization access granted on a per job basis through the use of Fundera’s agency portal link.
Read Full Job Description