Director, Total Rewards at Squarespace
Squarespace is in search of a Director of Total Rewards to build and scale a total rewards strategy that will continue to attract top talent as we enter our next phase of growth. You will design and execute a total rewards strategy to position Squarespace competitively in the market to attract and retain talent.
You will work with the People Team and department leaders to build compensation and benefits programs to serve our rapidly growing global business. You’ll also work with the broader People team leaders on programs to cultivate our unique culture and people practices.
You will report to our Chief People Officer and is based in New York.
- Partner with the People leadership team and executives to define and execute the total rewards strategy
- Create a compelling executive compensation strategy to ensure we’re attracting and retaining top leaders
- Develop a partnership with the HR Business Partner team and department leaders to advise and implement department specific reward and retention strategies aligned to Squarespace’s job architecture
- Lead the compensation function including base, short-term and long-term incentive compensation; semi-annual compensation review cycle; equity administration; market data survey participation
- Lead the benefits team including the evaluation, recommendation, and implementation of changes and improvements to the benefits program; partner with vendors to manage the medical, dental, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance plans, flexible spending accounts and 401(k) plan; maintain benefit plan documents and summary plan description
- Work with FP&A teams to forecast spends for anything compensation and benefits related
- 15+ years demonstrated experience in total rewards, in both private and public organizations, with at least 5 years in compensation at a high-growth technology company
- Progressive experience in executive compensation, base compensation, market pricing, variable pay, job evaluation/architecture, and cost modeling on a global scale
- Global benefit experience including knowledge of health and wellness plans, time off practices, and retirement plans
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, high growth, and deadline oriented environment
- Experience with vendor selection and RFPs
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.